Single or dual borla

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single or dual borla/magnaflow

So i have pretty much decided on a Borla or magnaflow for my 2004 5.4L. (Unless anyone can persuade me differently here, i am always looking for info). My only concern with magnaflow is in cab resonance and drone, which i am sure the borla won't have. Anyways, my question is about single side out vs. duals out the back. Besides the looks what differences does it make? Any info is appreciated, thanks

Last edited by jimc2004; 04-17-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I've got the Borla 140136 SISO on my '05 4.6L Screw and I love it.. nice rumble/growl at idle, you do hear it in the cab when you're on it but cruising steady at any speed you can't hear it in the cab at all, Can't give you an opinion on the duals, they look really sharp tho..

Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I say if you have the exta pennies for duals go that way, loud & deeper

Also, magnaflow & drone dont mix haha maggie builds them mufflers pretty good with very low interior resonance. Flowmaster sounds the best IMO, but thats where the drone is.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 PM
I have used both Borla and Magnaflow Exhaust Systems in the past and the Borla is a much better quality system.

I woudlo say go with the dual out the rear but you may want to check out a Roush "legal" system as it is all T-304 Stainless just like the Borla system and if is about $300 or so less expensive. I have heard many positive things about the Roush systems and the legal system will give you a nice throaty sound with no interior noise.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by ameration
I have used both Borla and Magnaflow Exhaust Systems in the past and the Borla is a much better quality system.

I woudlo say go with the dual out the rear but you may want to check out a Roush "legal" system as it is all T-304 Stainless just like the Borla system and if is about $300 or so less expensive. I have heard many positive things about the Roush systems and the legal system will give you a nice throaty sound with no interior noise.
Am I mistaken or aren't the Roush systems built by Borla? How can Roush sell them for $300 less?.. Not knocking Roush at all, but maybe I made a huge mistake by buying Borla.. hell, if I coulda got a "Borla" from Roush for $190 I woulda went that way..

Old 04-23-2007, 08:18 PM
hmmm.....

Originally Posted by jimc2004
So i have pretty much decided on a Borla or magnaflow for my 2004 5.4L. (Unless anyone can persuade me differently here, i am always looking for info). My only concern with magnaflow is in cab resonance and drone, which i am sure the borla won't have. Anyways, my question is about single side out vs. duals out the back. Besides the looks what differences does it make? Any info is appreciated, thanks

before you by magna or borla....look into bassani. Bassani has the best sound in my opinion for a ford. I have an 01 lightning and have bassani no cat all the way through headers and i have no header noise. If you don't take that at least go for 2 out the back. you might be able to get a slight difference in air flow with 2 out because of the fact there is a second pipe soundin off.

Quick Reply: Single or dual borla