Sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound

Hey guys, another exhaust question for y'all. I was seriously debating on getting a set of Cherry Bomb Glass Packs, but I work around horses a lot, and have a feeling that it would scare the daylights out of them, causing way more problems than its worth. Anyone else have past experiences with this in any way? If not the dual cherry bomb's I was thinking dual Magnaflows, does anyone have a recomendation for loud, and very throaty, but not rediculously loud, as I have heard that glasspacks will do? Otherwise those with glasspacks, is it seriously that loud?
~Phil

Old 04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
I run true duals straights with an x pipe and have 2 less cats than you, and I have no problems with scaring horses. I am around them daily and have no problems, horses are pretty good about noises like that though. BTW I hate glassepacks they pop way to much for my taste, I would say magnaflow is probably more what you are looking for.
Blake

Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Sweet, I appreciate the response, no glasspacks it is then, I too do not like the popping sound. The last thing I wanted to do was get fired from the barn for having a truck thats too loud, and one of the horses flipped, everyone around the barn uses stock exhaust so I wasn't sure how they would react (should have guessed when the tractor and gator start up, its louder than anything else lol). But since I am gonna go Magnaflow, what kind do y'all recomend?
~Phil

Old 04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
i'm glad you didn't choose the glasspack route!

Flowmaster 10 series muffler sound give you that loud roaring sound when you go heavy on the gas, or the magnaflow 14" muffler, either muffler its the way you want to go

Old 04-18-2007, 06:14 PM
i think the horses will be ok...i hope so at least...we shoot 12ga.'s within 30 feet or horses on the farm while shooting clays.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 AM
It depends on what you want, if you want true duals I would go with the DI/DO magnaflow, if you are just doing SI/DO I would the the 14" magnaflow and just weld a Y pipe in after the muffler.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 AM
So you would go with one single muffler to handle both? I was thinking of just getting two mufflers, although more extensive to create, I think it would sound better. I dunno, I'm lookin' for help I guess, is that what others would recomend as well, a DIDO muffler, instead of two SISO mufflers to create a true dual exhaust?
~Phil

Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
The reason I recommended the DI/DO magnaflow is because it has a built in X-pipe, so you dont have to worrie about getting one and it preformes just as well as the other setup.But if you want to do two mufflers, its not a problem just put in an x-pipe.
Blake

Old 04-22-2007, 06:10 PM
They all have an x pipe built in already? Is sound changed in any way using a DI/DO? If I am getting it custom done, I might as well get two if it will improve sound, but if it would make no difference I would definately go DI/DO it would probably bump cost a little bit as well them not havin' to put in two mufflers. Thanks for the help!!
~Phil

Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I would recommend Magnaflow part# 14378
Dual/Dual
2.25" Inlet/Outlet
11" Body Length, 17" Overall Length.
Tru-X Perforated Core.

No problem I needed the same help one time too.
Blake

Quick Reply: Sound