07 5.4 Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007 | 05:04 PM
|
07 5.4 Intake System

I wanted to see if anyone has put a intake sytem on the 07 5.4 f-150, the local ford dealer does not recommend one . they say you get water and all types of stuff sucked up. is this true? I have put dual's on also the 2.5 kit with 33-12-50's . I just wanted a little boost, and better responce on the pedal. I dont want to go to a tuner. they sound more of a problem more than anything else. also what brands does evreyone think would be a good air intake? thanks

Old 04-26-2007 | 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I wanted to see if anyone has put a intake sytem on the 07 5.4 f-150, the local ford dealer does not recommend one . they say you get water and all types of stuff sucked up. is this true? I have put dual's on also the 2.5 kit with 33-12-50's . I just wanted a little boost, and better responce on the pedal. I dont want to go to a tuner. they sound more of a problem more than anything else. also what brands does evreyone think would be a good air intake? thanks
Too bad you won't consider a tuner. It's generally considered the best bang/buck mod and the first perf mod you should do.

A tuner will net you far more gains than any intake and exhaust combined. It is also the ONLY way to fix your throttle response in a drive-by-wire truck.

And if you increase your tire diameter, how are you going to correct your speedo & shift points?

If you think tuners are a hassle, you haven't researched enough, because that is simply not true.

BTW - my intake recommendation: 3" AF1 ( without a custom tune) or 3.5" AF1 ( with a custom tune).

Old 04-26-2007 | 08:29 PM
I have the 3" AF1 and just installed my custom tunes a couple days ago. It was absolutly no hassels. The difference is worth the wait! Changing from custom back to stock takes only a few minutes! If you rode in my truck or anyone else with custom tunes you would change your mind quicker than my throtle responce which is pretty quick these days ! i went with Troyer because of the personal attention he gives to this site which equals great customer service in my book!

Shane

Last edited by Shane1; 04-26-2007 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 5.4 Intake System