anyone have true dual flows w/ magnaflow hi-flow cats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 11:10 PM
|
anyone have true dual flows w/ magnaflow hi-flow cats?

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about getting a pair of Magnaflow hi-flow cats to replace my stock cats on my true dual Flow 40 setup, but not sure yet. eBay has some pretty good prices and I'm letting the shop give me an estimate tomorrow on what it'd cost to put em on. I was just wondering if anyone had this same setup or know what it'd sound like, performance gains, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:03 PM
|
well i went to get the estimate today and the guy said that it would be better to get a factory made H-pipe that is already made for the truck. He says that they are easy to install and already have holes for o2 sensors and everything. This would do away with the cats completely and he says it's still legal because the o2 sensors are still there, and just weld my existing mufflers in. He said he's done it on his Mustangs and about to do it to his '01 Screw. He mentioned that this is much easier and probably cheaper than having to cut and weld in a bunch of little pieces of pipe in place of the front cats going in to the hi-flow cats. He also said it'd sound better and give more HP since having no cats. Do any of you know a good place to start looking or have any experience with H-pipes or crossover pipes on these trucks? Thanks.

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:07 PM
Exhaust

I run the high flow cats through a Bassani X pipe through 2 FM 50 series,the Delta flow w/ the pipes running all the way out the back,dumped right in front of the rear bumper,no tips.The sound is awesome,nice deep raspy rumble @ idle,similar to the Mustang.The performance has increased,especially @ low end and the cab fills w/ a nice roar when my right foot comes in close contact w/ the floor.Some people say leave the cats,some say remove them,I left mine and I'm very pleased w/ the performance of my truck.I hope this helped,good luckw/ your exhaust.

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:34 AM
I've got a '97 250 with a 5.4 and I am looking at having mine done also. The price for everything including two direct fit Magna Flow cats and true duals is about a grand. Don't know what the performance pickup will be yet, but if the book is right it should be around 16hp and about 3mpg. Right now it's all stock and I'm about 90% sure the passenger side cat is stopping up. I'm looking to pick up a little power for towing. I'll try to post the results when I get it.

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:54 AM
Just a question, this H pipe stuff, do they have cats built inside of them or something? I dont see how its perfectly legal to not have cats so i'm wondering how that works.

Quick Reply: anyone have true dual flows w/ magnaflow hi-flow cats?