AF1 or any CAI and high water.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 09:19 PM
|
AF1 or any CAI and high water.

It rained like hell here in Houston TX today. I was trying to get home after work and had to drive through some slight high water, 1 ft. at the most. Normally I would not have a prob. but when I got home I popped the hood and noticed water had splashed alittle on the intake (AF1). The filter seemed dry but there was some water splashed on the heatshield. If its a small amount, is it anything to be concerned about when there's high water on the road . I hope not, because I was having a ball throwing small walls of water over those little 4 cylinder imports . Sorry if anyone out there has one .

Old 05-04-2007 | 08:32 AM
I've had one of those little imports for about 10 yrs now, no offense taken It's got a CAI and the bottom of filter sits about 7" off the ground right behind the bumper. I've taken trips in that thing in pouring down rain and the after effects of a hurricane here and never had any problems. At first I was nervous about it after seeing water on the end of the pipe and filter, but never had an issue. So I wouldn't worry about splashing, the bigger concern is submerging the filter under water.

Old 05-07-2007 | 12:10 AM
Nothing makes me laugh my *** off harder than seeing a H2 with the high-water breather installed... the people that drive those things won't even move over into the gravel in the left turn lane to let people get by.. maybe they need it in case the bridge across the moat to their starter-mansion fails??

Old 05-07-2007 | 12:35 AM
Put a pre-filter over your filter and you'll never have to worry about water getting on it. They keep the filter cleaner as well.

http://www.outerwearsracing.com/

Old 05-07-2007 | 07:32 PM
http://www.outlawpower.com/productimages.php?sc=1486 Here are a few pictures of how mud can splash on an air intake system. If it were an open element, the filter would have gotten muddy. The full enclosure protects the filter from mud and heat.

Quick Reply: AF1 or any CAI and high water.