Help Quick

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007 | 09:57 AM
|
Exclamation Help Quick

I'm looking into a new exhaust system on my truck f250 4X4 5.4l 1997 156k. I seem to be getting the run around from the local shop. I need to know which would be better. I'm going with the Magnaflows, but should I go with true duals both si so, or an si do, or di do? Which one would give me the best performance gains for the money? Though I had this figured, but I really need some input asap. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2007 | 10:20 AM
I have had the Magnaflow SIDO on 2 F150s now, and I was/am very pleased with both. Better performance over stock, great sound, not too loud, and no droning on the highway. Duals might sound a little better, but the extra $$$ layout for 2 mufflers instead of one did not justify the cost. Spend the extra $$$ on a CAI, if you don't already have one!

Old 05-07-2007 | 10:38 AM
|
Originally Posted by chumFX4
I have had the Magnaflow SIDO on 2 F150s now, and I was/am very pleased with both. Better performance over stock, great sound, not too loud, and no droning on the highway. Duals might sound a little better, but the extra $$$ layout for 2 mufflers instead of one did not justify the cost. Spend the extra $$$ on a CAI, if you don't already have one!

Ok, I'm still new to alot of this, so what do you mean by CAI?

Old 05-07-2007 | 10:40 AM
Truck of the Month
CAI is Cold Air Intake. If you are going to get an exhaust system, I'd look into a CAI as well.

Old 05-07-2007 | 10:46 AM
You can get DIDO mufflers from Magnaflow, with the X-Pipe already built in. If I was on MY computer I would give you the link but I will check back up on this l8er if you are still interested in DIDO.
~Phil

Old 05-07-2007 | 11:00 AM
Proud member of the Sabanation!

Old 05-07-2007 | 12:13 PM
|
Proud member of the Sabanation!

I figured the CAI out after I asked the question. Stupid moment I reckon. Anyway, what would be the advantage of DIDO over SIDO if there is any? I am running a K&N filter out the fender well, but not with ony oversized intake or anything. I've actually had a couple of guys to tell me that the K&N hurt their performance.

Old 05-07-2007 | 01:47 PM
I've got the K&N FIPK, and I noticed a positive effect as soon as I put it on. That was my first mod, before exhaust. Faster throttle response, and a little more power. Of all the CAI's out there, I'm sure they are all good (Airraid, AF1, etc.) I went with the K&N because I have used it in the past, and I got a great deal on ebay for my K&N.

Not sure about the DIDO vs. SIDO issue. Good luck on that one. SIDO works for me!

Last edited by chumFX4; 05-07-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2007 | 07:48 AM
|
I've got the K&N FIPK, and I noticed a positive effect as soon as I put it on. That was my first mod, before exhaust. Faster throttle response, and a little more power. Of all the CAI's out there, I'm sure they are all good (Airraid, AF1, etc.) I went with the K&N because I have used it in the past, and I got a great deal on ebay for my K&N.

Not sure about the DIDO vs. SIDO issue. Good luck on that one. SIDO works for me!

Thanks for all of the input, but after some further thought and another look at price, I decided to back out right now, or at least until I can get unconfused. I was going to have my cats changed and while this was being done I was going to go ahead and have the exhaust changed. After the initial quote was made on the price, I was told that the only thing that would fit this truck is direct fit cats. High dollar! I feel like at least one of the cats may be stopping up, but I'm not absolutely 100% sure. I have something going on similar to the thread that was posted about a possible manifold leak. Mine is a sort of chirping, almost like a squeeky sound coming off of the passenger side. It sounds like its coming out around the donut or further back, but I have not been able to find anything definet. I'm getting conflicting information about cels and cats. Some say if your cat is bad you will get a code, others say not always. Confusion! The power seems kind of low, especially if you put a load behind the truck, and as the truck gets warm it absolutely stinks. It's alot of money to have this done, and I just want make sure that it's not one of those things where you put out the money and wind up getting nothing in return. Any other help or comments on this will be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Help Quick