Roush Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush Cold Air Intake

So I got my intake on Friday from http://www.f150store.com/home.aspx for my 2006 4.6 F-150. It was on sale for $279 came to right at $300 with shipping. I chose Roush after doing alot of research and I am so happy, it's like driving a different truck. I am not too mechanically inclined so it did take me a little over and hour from start to finish but the instructions were pretty good. My truck would be at exactly 2000rpm at 60mph before, now it is at about 1750rpm at 60mph!! I can feel it pull when I step on it and I was surprised at how quiet it is. I just filled it up so I will post my findings of fuel efficiency later. If I can answer any questions please let me know. This forum is great

Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by turcomora
... My truck would be at exactly 2000rpm at 60mph before, now it is at about 1750rpm at 60mph!! ...
Unless you also changed the rear-end gearing in your truck I doubt this is possible? I think the effect may be more psychological than anything else? Not that I doubt it seems that way to you. I swear to god my truck rides and drives better after I've washed and waxed it....really.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:43 PM
That is fine for you to doubt whatever you want. I know the numbers my truck was doing and how it is doing now. Their is nothing psychological about providing the truck with more air = more torque, hp, and fuel econmoy. Do you have a CAI installed in your truck?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
After reading this post, on the way home I paid attention to my RPMs at 60mph. I have a 4.6L w/ stock intake, I was doing about 17.5ish rpms at 60mph. I took a pic w/ my cell phone. Ill see if it changes when I put my CAI this weekend.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So I got my intake on Friday from http://www.f150store.com/home.aspx for my 2006 4.6 F-150. It was on sale for $279 came to right at $300 with shipping. I chose Roush after doing alot of research and I am so happy, it's like driving a different truck. I am not too mechanically inclined so it did take me a little over and hour from start to finish but the instructions were pretty good. My truck would be at exactly 2000rpm at 60mph before, now it is at about 1750rpm at 60mph!! I can feel it pull when I step on it and I was surprised at how quiet it is. I just filled it up so I will post my findings of fuel efficiency later. If I can answer any questions please let me know. This forum is great

Sorry - calling a BIG BS on that - only gearing changes can do that.

In OD with a locked TC, your RPM/speedo relationship is fixed !

Hey! Why don't you go ahead and also add a Turdonator and a FartMaster and drop another 500 rpm LMAO!!!

Think about it. Good grief.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Wow.. I put on a AF1 and while I can tell a difference in performance up around 3500 rpm, I gotta say the only way your rpm are dropping at 60 mph is maybe you've turned your OD on.
Also, a CAI by itself isn't going to gain you any mpg. The right cat-back will, custom tunes will help more.
I tried 24's with spinners but they robbed so much torque I had to sell 'em to the pimp next door..

Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Sorry - calling a BIG BS on that - only gearing changes can do that.

In OD with a locked TC, your RPM/speedo relationship is fixed !

Hey! Why don't you go ahead and also add a Turdonator and a FartMaster and drop another 500 rpm LMAO!!!

Think about it. Good grief.
So do you have a turdonator and a fartmaster on your truck? I guess my intake must be magical because it did drop my rpms at 60mph. Thank you come again...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So do you have a turdonator and a fartmaster on your truck? I guess my intake must be magical because it did drop my rpms at 60mph. Thank you come again...
That's nice!

No, but you go right on ahead, there buckwheat. You're on a roll now!

Also, I think the Flat Earth Society is looking for new members - you'll fit right in.

Let's start an informal poll, okay?

POLL TIME !

Folks: those of you who have an aftermarket intake: how far has it dropped your RPM"s @ 60 mph from your stock intake?

Post your results here - the most drop wins!

[ Ignore for now pesky, inconsequential little things like the laws of physics, facts or common sense ]

Cheers
Bubba

Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
That's nice!

No, but you go right on ahead, there buckwheat. You're on a roll now!

Also, I think the Flat Earth Society is looking for new members - you'll fit right in.

Let's start an informal poll, okay?

POLL TIME !

Folks: those of you who have an aftermarket intake: how far has it dropped your RPM"s @ 60 mph from your stock intake?

Post your results here - the most drop wins!

[ Ignore for now pesky, inconsequential little things like the laws of physics, facts or common sense ]

Cheers
Bubba
Bubba,

By your name I can tell that you are an educated person How do you know about the flat earth society and the turdonator and such? Good luck with your poll, I hope this entertains you for a couple of hours. I am going to go drive my magical truck.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Sorry man but Bubba's right, the only way to change the constant RPMs at any given speed would be to A. Be in a different transmission gear, or B. Have a different axle gear. The difference you experienced with the lower RPMs was more than obviously because you were in 5th gear (O.D.) And this is very much common sense.

Give it a try next time you're driving at 60 MPH: turn off O.D. (AKA: over-drive, or 5th gear) then turn it back on. You'll see.

By the way Bubba I just put the Roush back on the other day, no more noises. Must've been the cold.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
5th gear in a F150?? I wish

Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Mine has 5th gear... it's called OverDrive lol. I'm pretty sure everyone's does, but not everyone has it on. I know mine resets itself to the on position every time I shut the truck off and lock the door.

Last edited by Arca_ex; 05-21-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:25 AM
BSL
Originally Posted by Arca_ex
Mine has 5th gear... it's called OverDrive lol. I'm pretty sure everyone's does, but not everyone has it on. I know mine resets itself to the on position every time I shut the truck off and lock the door.
I don't know if yours is a 4.2L but here is the info directly from fordvehicles.com for '07s

4.2L V6 5-speed manual overdrive (std.); electronic 4-speed automatic overdrive (opt.)
4.6L V8 Electronic 4-speed automatic overdrive
5.4L V8 Electronic 4-speed automatic overdrive

If you still don't believe start from a stop and hammer it, count the shifts

Last edited by BSL; 05-16-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Me too.......... 5th gear in a beautiful f150= PRICELESS

Old 05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
3 gears plus 1 overdrive = 4 gears
Unless there's one after the one that takes you up to 100+

Quick Reply: Roush Cold Air Intake