AF1 making vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AF1 making vibration?

i just installed my AF1 this morning. throughout the day i noticed that when i was stopped, at a light or stop sign, the truck had a vibration in through the brake pedal. i looked at the tach, and it was idleing around 450. i have heard that it may make the truck run lean. is this why it is doing this?? also the inside diameter is exactly 3 5/16". please someone let me know. thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
is that the only thing you changed? or did you forget to plug something back in. good luck

Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
naw i double checked it to make sure, but everything is all back ogether. that is the only thing i changed though. you know if that would cause the vibration??

Old 06-07-2007, 02:10 AM
It shouldn't idle at 450, that's too low. I believe I saw (maybe in engines) someone reply to you to dissconnect your negative cable for 15 minutes then re-attach and let it idle for 5 minutes. You should do that.

Also, when I installed my AF1 I "thought" that I'd completely seated the two studs on the bottom of the heat-shield through the rubber grommets. I hadn't got them all the way through and I got a vibration. A little smear of silicone grease on the grommets and the studs went right through.. no more vibration..

Quick Reply: AF1 making vibration?