Can A Single Out Sound as good as Dual Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 05:56 AM
|
Can A Single Out Sound as good as Dual Exhaust?

I got the Magnaflow High-Flows.

I don't want to lose torque at low end. I want to keep some backpressure.

If I run duals I'm going to have both come out in front of rear wheel anyways.

I am very curious to know if a Single out exhaust can sound as deep and throaty as all these duals I hear?

Thanks

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:48 PM
Truck of the Month
well I have been told that this muffler is throaty but not obnoxiously loud when used with high flow cats and I will be sticking with my dual side exit in front of the passenger rear wheel...

it's the same magnaflow 3" in/out straight thru muffler used in this cat back system:
http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...atalogno=15609

and I plan on running long tube headers and pypes brand highflow cats to a dual 2 1/2 in single 3" out high flow Y-pipe to the muffler and then the same 3" in and dual 2 1/2" out to 3 1/2" x 22'' tips (whichever the muffler shop has on hand the link to the cats: http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm

I've done my research and found that similar setups are supposed to sound good and throaty but not be terribly loud and improve the bottom end torque on fairly stock engines. I hope the long tubes will help out my torque as well look what they did for built5.4's truck. I hope to have it all done by the end of July and then I'll get some sound clips posted, good luck

Old 06-07-2007 | 03:09 PM
ive heard some sick sounding single outlet exhaust systems....

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:09 PM
I have a SI/SO 14" magnaflow. With a 3'' tip. Sounds awesome, looks awesome, cost 68$ and no loss of torque.....

Old 06-08-2007 | 10:56 AM
The system that sylentbutvylent has on his truck sounds like what I think would be a real good system, for si/so the shorter the muffler the better, and with a 3" - 3.5" tip it will echo it nicely

Quick Reply: Can A Single Out Sound as good as Dual Exhaust?