Cat options

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007 | 07:23 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Cat options

I have a 2000 f150 with a 5.4 and has just shy of 270k. I recently put on a magnaflow cat back but at 270k I am pretty sure my cats are clogged and I would like to get them out of there. I don't really want to get a magnaflow highflow and have it puke out in another 10-20k. We don't have smog testing here either so I am not worried about losing them. But I was wondering if there were bolt on pipes that could elimate them or should I just go to a local shop and have them cut them out and sloppely weld in some other pipes in their place. I searched Troyerperformance, Jegs, and summit and couldn't come up with anything.

Old 06-08-2007 | 11:57 PM
Cats

You can remove your cats and install a piece of pipe @ the manifold.If you remove your cats you'll need to install a set of o2 eliminators or you might get a cel.Some people who run the mils(eliminator) get a cel and others dont.The mils run about $60.00 a set,Jegs,Summit and many other performance stores have them.Hope this helped,good luck.

Old 06-09-2007 | 12:00 AM
Its best to have your muffler shop fit,bend and install your pipe,its more of a custom fit and you'll be much happier.

Quick Reply: Cat options