Exhaust System Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007 | 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by malexander52
I have heard many great things about the maggies. If you dont want to dual it out, JBA has been spectacular for me. You can immediately feel and hear the difference. THe polished stainlees steel rcat back runs about $315. The muffler is polished and beautiful with a nice K&N stamp on it and the tip is polished as well with the JBA logo. As far as I can tell the low end is about the same, however you can really tell in the throttle response the difference. It feels like a different truck. The sound is exceptional. It isn't noisy in the cab but she is a head turner when you roll by. Sounds like a big block instead of a 4.6.
When you go to pass on the freeway the flow is exceptional with a fantastic linear pull to the speedo cutoff. My mods are listed below.
I agree, mines the same, JBA/ K&N unit. Quality through and through and available for my style of truck (huge bonus). I am a big fan of stainless systems in areas prone to salty winters.

Old 07-04-2007 | 12:39 AM
texedition says: Flows can have a great sound but they are baffled mufflers. Magnaflows? my magnaflow mufflers (2 single in/single out stainless for true dual exhaust) aren't baffled. they have a straight through design with fiberglass packing. Flowmasters (as i understand) are baffled.

the sound is good for me. sounds great when you lay your foot on it; certainly no significant drone @ highway speeds. (I notice sound from my procomp MTs @ 65 mph, but not the magnaflows). ii felt like a new truck after installation, i felt like it was quicker off the line and definitely more power overall. it's teamed up with K&N FIPK intake kit. i would repeat/recommend the setup to anyone.

you can't go wrong with a borla or corsa, but prepared to shell out a few more bucks.

Old 07-04-2007 | 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by silverflare03
texedition says: Flows can have a great sound but they are baffled mufflers. Magnaflows? my magnaflow mufflers (2 single in/single out stainless for true dual exhaust) aren't baffled. they have a straight through design with fiberglass packing. Flowmasters (as i understand) are baffled.

the sound is good for me. sounds great when you lay your foot on it; certainly no significant drone @ highway speeds. (I notice sound from my procomp MTs @ 65 mph, but not the magnaflows). ii felt like a new truck after installation, i felt like it was quicker off the line and definitely more power overall. it's teamed up with K&N FIPK intake kit. i would repeat/recommend the setup to anyone.

you can't go wrong with a borla or corsa, but prepared to shell out a few more bucks.
Oops, sorry, I should have said Flowmaster. You're right about the Magnaflows, and also right about the borla or corsa costing a bit more.

Old 08-04-2007 | 12:09 AM
Whats teh difference between the Roush legal, and the Roush off road?

Quick Reply: Exhaust System Opinions