Which Exhuast Would be Best for Me???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007 | 04:43 PM
|
Question Which Exhuast Would be Best for Me???

I have a 06' Lariat Supercrew with the 5.4. I am looking for a deeper rumble at idle and a little louder durring hard exceleration, but I do not want anything loud at all. Cruising on the interstate I want it to sound about like it does now. I would say mileage increase and power are important, but $ is not! I especially do not want to loose any power or torque. I want to make sure I get it right the first time. I have experience in trying to save money at first then realizing I bought the worng thing and end up spending much more money in the end!!! If anyone has any suggestions, please help me! I have read most of the threads in this section but it seems like alot of them contradict each other.

Old 06-28-2007 | 04:56 PM
I put a dynomax ultra flow on my 97 f150 and its not much louder till you get on it then it opens up and its loud but just crusing on highways its not that loud

Old 06-28-2007 | 04:59 PM
i think you would like the magnaflow. That is what i have its a low grumble until you get on it. Its not real loud at all. You may also be interested in Borla, but the magnaflows are all i have experience with and it sounds like it fits you. Maybe someone else has advice for you though.

Old 06-29-2007 | 07:22 AM
Truck of the Month
I think Magnaflow is exactly what you want. I had the exact same concerns when looking into a exhaust system. I am more than happy with my Maganflow system. Great low end torque. It really wakes up when you stomp on the pedal yet quiet when on the highway. Go with Magnaflow!

Old 06-29-2007 | 09:40 AM
|
Arrow

Thanks! Do either of you have any suggestions on where to purchase or should I try to install it myself?!?

Old 06-29-2007 | 11:02 AM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by bigwillie32184
Thanks! Do either of you have any suggestions on where to purchase or should I try to install it myself?!?
I would look around in your area to see if anyone has the kit you need? I had a custom performance exhaust shop in my area do my installation. I went with a full stainless steel setup and had all the piping custom bent for a exact perfect fit. Again, see if anyone in your area does this kind of work otherwise try:

http://www.performancepeddler.com/

I'm sure other members can chime in with other sites they might recommend.

Old 06-29-2007 | 03:15 PM
You want THIS cat-back Call for the best price....and grab one for me too .

Quick Reply: Which Exhuast Would be Best for Me???