F150 owners with CAIs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItalianRyan24
mSaLL150, Thanks as well for the input on your set up. Kinda strange how it would idle lower than normal being that it is a bigger intake! So it just fixed itself in about a day? You runnin edge with your setup?
ya just a day or so, the PCM just needs to get used to the new airflow, its typical when you put a brand new intake on with the stock PCM. and it would only do it at stop sign when still in drive, in park it idled normal. just for that first night though, its been awesome ever since. my edge got here a couple weeks ago and was defective, so i had to send it back, just waitin for my new one now, so no im not running it with the edge quite yet...but i put my flowmasters on the day after i installed my K&N. cant wait for the edge though, you have no idea how upset i was when i hooked up my edge and it was defective and wouldnt operate correctly....the extended wait just makes me 10x more anxious.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah I can imagine that. That would suck to finally get a new expensive toy and you cant even play with it haha. Well cool man, glad to know I should expect a lil low RPM when I install the CAI. Still might get the Edge beforehand, ... just incase!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by Akornz
Hey "Shane1" I really like those wheels you have, what are they? Sorry, I'm still new so they won't let me send a private message.
Thanks for the compliment Akorn, The are 20" x 9" KMC Monsters.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by ItalianRyan24
JB27, Thanks for your input! Sorry it took me so long to get back. Its been crazy busy at work and havent been on. I will definitly check out your thread on K&N VS AF1. How does that heat shield mount in the engine bay? Did you have to make new holes to mount it?
The heat shield bolted on to existing holes, no drilling required. The directions did say that some vehicles may not have 1 of the holes and drilling may be required, but my truck was ready to go w/out drilling.

Good Luck! You'll love it!

Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Jb thanks!

Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Click on the camera on the right to see pics of my brute force...

Quick Reply: F150 owners with CAIs...