AFE Stage 2 Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 01:55 AM
|
AFE Stage 2 Air Intake

Does anyone know if this will work with my Edge? I have a 2005 5.4 V8. Anyone have any opinions on this intake?

Thanks
David

Old 07-10-2007 | 11:15 AM
SFM
Ok, I finally got around to installing the aFe CAI yesterday.. After driving it around last nite and today.. WOW! I have to say I am very impressed.

Install:

Install was pretty simple.. One little issue. A M6x30mm bolt is supplied to secure part of the sealed box thru the radiator support... This bolt is too short and you will need to source a 40mm bolt form Lowe's or Home Depot. Other than that install took about 45 minutes total.

Driving Impressions:

There is an immediate difference in throttle response. At part throttle, from a dead stop, the truck leaps forward very different from stock. Throttle response is greatly improved. This is also noticed when downshifting to pass someone. Truck pulls from the low end with much more authourity. When you get to more than half throttle there is a great growwwwwllll from under the hood. It sounds like flows or mags.. I had no idea it would change the sound for the better.. but it did. Truck also accelerates harder as it winds thru the gears. Actually feels like it's pulling now instead of just making noise. I have to give this a very positive review. I am totally satisfied with the increased performance and the added growwwlll is a bonus!

Also.. no... Have not had any code issues.. and no I couldn't tell you if it's running lean.. but it's definitely running stronger
Edit/Delete Message

Old 07-10-2007 | 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by SFM
Ok, I finally got around to installing the aFe CAI yesterday.. After driving it around last nite and today.. WOW! I have to say I am very impressed.

Install:

Install was pretty simple.. One little issue. A M6x30mm bolt is supplied to secure part of the sealed box thru the radiator support... This bolt is too short and you will need to source a 40mm bolt form Lowe's or Home Depot. Other than that install took about 45 minutes total.

Driving Impressions:

There is an immediate difference in throttle response. At part throttle, from a dead stop, the truck leaps forward very different from stock. Throttle response is greatly improved. This is also noticed when downshifting to pass someone. Truck pulls from the low end with much more authourity. When you get to more than half throttle there is a great growwwwwllll from under the hood. It sounds like flows or mags.. I had no idea it would change the sound for the better.. but it did. Truck also accelerates harder as it winds thru the gears. Actually feels like it's pulling now instead of just making noise. I have to give this a very positive review. I am totally satisfied with the increased performance and the added growwwlll is a bonus!

Also.. no... Have not had any code issues.. and no I couldn't tell you if it's running lean.. but it's definitely running stronger
Edit/Delete Message
Any pics

Old 07-10-2007 | 01:05 PM
SFM
not yet.. I gotta borrow somebody's digi..

Quick Reply: AFE Stage 2 Air Intake