What headers to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007 | 10:22 AM
|
Question What headers to choose?

I've tried searching threads and haven't come to any direct conclusion.

I am going to possibly replace headers back (complete exhaust). I'm not looking for pavement moving performance just a nice kick in the pants with intimidating sound.

I have the 5.4 V8 2004 (new body NOT heritage).

I don't know what brand headers to go with...JBA, Dynatech, Pacesetter, Gibson, Other? I'm not looking to spend thousands to get this done.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 07-11-2007 | 01:49 PM
Well all I can tell ya is get long tubes, do not waste money on shorties.

Old 07-11-2007 | 03:35 PM
|
I've got that noted. Thanks. Any particular brand? I see Pacesetters are a little on the cheaper side where as JBA and Gibson are on the higher side. I see a lot of guys on here saying they are using JBA, but nobody really that I noticed easily that has a 2004-7.

Old 07-11-2007 | 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by sportmanst
I've got that noted. Thanks. Any particular brand? I see Pacesetters are a little on the cheaper side where as JBA and Gibson are on the higher side. I see a lot of guys on here saying they are using JBA, but nobody really that I noticed easily that has a 2004-7.
Like Built said get long tubes. Pacesetter and Dynatech are the only companies that make LT Headers for the 04 and up

Old 07-11-2007 | 11:10 PM
I would save and get dynatech... Ive had horrible luck with pacesetter quality.

Old 07-12-2007 | 08:28 AM
|
04gtF150.....

I see you have pacesetters....how they doing for you?

Old 07-12-2007 | 08:38 AM
actually never got around to install them, so I sold them

Old 07-15-2007 | 11:09 AM
i would not go with pacesetter i got shorties which im going to replace with dynatech long tubes soon i seen alittle power gain but the frist time you pull something heavy the coating will start flaking off ther crap

Old 07-20-2007 | 05:00 PM
I currently run the Supermaxx by Dyantech and I am 100% pleased with it so far. I noticed a gain in low end power. The sound is awesome too, guess that depends on what exhuast you have but the Headers and Hi-Flow cats that come with Supermaxx are great. Mine is a stainless steel system. I think they all are stainless steel. You cannot go wrong with Dynatech. A little advice, do go cheap when buying headers! I know that money doesnt grow on trees but Headers are a "want" not a "need" so start saving your money until you can buy a quality Header. Dynatech uses a stronger and thicker gasket therefore you dont need to worry as much about "blowing" a gasket. A lot of headers out there are cheap in price but they also give you wafer thin gaskets and I promise you will be kicking yourself when you have to replace them. Whatever you buy dont buy shorties! You want long tubes. Do a little research and you will find a lot of users that had shorties and gained nothing from them therefore they bought longtubes. Okay, that was my two cents

Quick Reply: What headers to choose?