Stock 2007 RC/SB cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock 2007 RC/SB cat back exhaust

Not sure if this is breaking the rules or not, since I am not technically selling anything, I hope not, breaking the rules is not my intention here, just getting some info.

I am thinking of taking the brand new exhaust (truck only has 150 miles on it, hasn't seen rain) and replacing it with the magnaflow dual exhuast. My question is do people sell there exhaust, how much are they going for, and where would be the best place to get rid of them? It is coming off a my new F150 FX4, not sure if that changes anything.

Thanks, any comments are welcome as well as suggestions.

Greg

Old 07-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I dont think you should even bother trying to sell your stock exhaust. To be quite honest i dont think you'll find someone to buy it from you. I let the people who installed mine do what they wanted with it since i had no use for it at all. If i had to sell my stock exhaust i would say maybe $75.00

Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Copperhead64
I dont think you should even bother trying to sell your stock exhaust. To be quite honest i dont think you'll find someone to buy it from you. I let the people who installed mine do what they wanted with it since i had no use for it at all. If i had to sell my stock exhaust i would say maybe $75.00

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if the exhaust would be an upgrade for the V6 crowd or not.

What do you think about the stock air box, would that be worth selling (fender to TB) if I upgrade to an after market CAI.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:19 PM
The only people who buy stock parts are people who are going to be selling their cars and putting them back to stock. Im not saying it's not possible to sell those items, but it's going to be sitting in your garage for a good while before someone needs it.

I personally would not sell the stock airbox even if you upgrade. Sometimes you just dont know if the upgrade will last as long as you hoped for and then you have to worry about fixing it. I keep everything i take out of the truck and keep it in a section of my garage just in case.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Copperhead64
The only people who buy stock parts are people who are going to be selling their cars and putting them back to stock. Im not saying it's not possible to sell those items, but it's going to be sitting in your garage for a good while before someone needs it.

I personally would not sell the stock airbox even if you upgrade. Sometimes you just dont know if the upgrade will last as long as you hoped for and then you have to worry about fixing it. I keep everything i take out of the truck and keep it in a section of my garage just in case.
That is normally what I do, but I had such a collection of stock/after market Mustang parts when I sold my car, I threw a lot of stuff away. At one time I just said for someone to pay for shipping and they could have it all, but no one bit. So when I replaced the roof on my house and had the big dumpster, all the stock mustang parts got thrown in it.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I took my stock exhaust to a Scrap metal yard. I had some other scrap also, but I got around $12-15. Can't remember.

Quick Reply: Stock 2007 RC/SB cat back exhaust