My K & N Review also running with the EDGE with PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007 | 12:06 AM
|
My K & N Review also running with the EDGE with PICS!

Everything went smooth on installing my K&N, it did take me about 2+ hours but took my time and took a lot of pics. I would of posted more but didnt know I was limited to only 4 pics. Everything came in a pretty big box. Everything was there. At first when I seen the directions I was a little worried. However if you take your time and follow each one you wont have any problems and before you know it youll be at the end of the directions.

I dont hear any differance at Idle, taking off yes a little. The more you accuerate the more you can hear the air going through the CAI and the motor it sounds wicked!

The combition of the Magnaflow and CAI really run well together and the sound is sweet!

Im also running a EDGE and have been runnning it at LVL2 since I got it. I was almost out of gas so said what the heck put 93 fuel went to LVL3 and WOW! For kicks I stopped at a light and just layed into it and it didnt bark the tires it squilled the tires 325/65/18. I was like hell yeah thats what Im talking about! hehehe

Old 07-14-2007 | 12:14 AM
Awesome. I've been running the same K&N CAI on my truck for a while now and I've been more than happy with it. I have the Edge as well and it def. makes driving much more fun!

Old 07-14-2007 | 12:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

nice, i did the same exact install too. love the K&N. cant wait untill they send me my edge back and its finally working.

Old 07-14-2007 | 08:01 AM
I just ordered the same set up and just need to get it installed. Sorry to ask, but this is my first truck and I'm still unsure of all the mods, what is an EDGE? IS that something I can simply install myself?

Old 07-14-2007 | 08:24 AM
you are only limited to 4 pictures in each post.....you could post 20 pictures...it would just take 5 posts in the same thread.

Old 07-14-2007 | 11:06 AM
|
runnerboy Grin yes I thought about that but didnt know if I should hog up the forums with my pics. I figured if more people requested them I would make another post with 4 more and go from there or if someone wanted to see a certian one to thelp them feel free too.

Akornz go here and read up it will show you one and tell you a little about it.
Yes its very easy to install!
http://www.edgeproducts.com/categori...name=Evolution

Old 07-14-2007 | 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by F150FXOnline
runnerboy Grin yes I thought about that but didnt know if I should hog up the forums with my pics. I figured if more people requested them I would make another post with 4 more and go from there or if someone wanted to see a certian one to thelp them feel free too.

Akornz go here and read up it will show you one and tell you a little about it.
Yes its very easy to install!
http://www.edgeproducts.com/categori...name=Evolution
why would you hog up the forum? You can post them in a reply to this very message. I didnt mean post a whole new thread.

Old 07-15-2007 | 06:44 AM
|
runnerboy OIC.
Ill try and upload more ASAP.

Old 07-16-2007 | 09:36 AM
runnerboy OIC.
Ill try and upload more ASAP.
So now that you tried level 3, are you going to be able to go back to level 2? lol

Old 07-17-2007 | 02:23 PM
|
So now that you tried level 3, are you going to be able to go back to level 2? lol

I think NOT!
I still need to go back and custom set some settings I havnt even set my tire size in yet on LVL3 Ive been so busy. I went out maybe 3 months ago and bought a car to save gas and drive to work during the week. Then drive the truck Fri-Sun or when ever I feel like it. Kinda like my toy. Saves on gas and keep low miles on it. Then if I get the erge to drive it I just dew it!!

05supercrew thanks again for your help. I actaully when I have time to go back through the forums and get some setting for lvl3 and try some. I think you even posted your settings a while back I need to find and give a try.

Old 07-17-2007 | 02:48 PM
Looks great !

Old 07-17-2007 | 10:31 PM
I think NOT!
I still need to go back and custom set some settings I havnt even set my tire size in yet on LVL3 Ive been so busy. I went out maybe 3 months ago and bought a car to save gas and drive to work during the week. Then drive the truck Fri-Sun or when ever I feel like it. Kinda like my toy. Saves on gas and keep low miles on it. Then if I get the erge to drive it I just dew it!!

05supercrew thanks again for your help. I actaully when I have time to go back through the forums and get some setting for lvl3 and try some. I think you even posted your settings a while back I need to find and give a try.
No problem, glad I could help. My truck is used on the weekends also and vacations. I basicly use it when we go out with the kids. If you need any help with your edge settings just pm me and I will let you know what I set mine at. Have fun with level 3.

Old 07-17-2007 | 10:42 PM
|
05supercrew I cant PM till i reach 100 post which Im getting close too. If you get a chance and dont mind please e-mail me your setting to:
buckmaster0@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Mike

Old 07-17-2007 | 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Hey "05supercrew" I really like those wheels and tires set up, what brand is that wheel and what size are they? If I got that same set up do you think I could fit it on my truck with a leveling kit only? thanks

Old 07-18-2007 | 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Akornz
Hey "05supercrew" I really like those wheels and tires set up, what brand is that wheel and what size are they? If I got that same set up do you think I could fit it on my truck with a leveling kit only? thanks
The wheels are Helo Maxx 6 18x9 with nitto terra grapplers 325-60-18 and my truck has a 2'' Autospring leveling kit. I have no rubbing issues what so ever. I get a lot of complements when we go out. Let me tell you the pictures dont do the truck justice.

Quick Reply: My K & N Review also running with the EDGE with PICS!