Magnaflow set my truck on fire!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea why some of you guys think that the Edge, or any canned tune, will help a lean condition.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
What did you do? What difference in the Edge did you make? Your running the S&B kit right? Custom tune? or just played with settings? Just wondering.... looking (and still thinking & saving) to get the S&B and Edge soon. Thanks SuperCrew.

:
I hadnt updated the programmer in a year. To me I was thinking if its not broke dont fix it. Well I guess after putting the S&B on it leaned it out to much. During all the updates from Edge I think they made adjustment for the a/f because more people were getting exhaust and cai to match up with there tuner. Im going to contact them and see what they have to say.
I ran the stock tune yesterday for an hour and I forgot what a crap tune Ford put into these trucks.
Edge just has can tunes. I am running the S&B and a Magnaflow si/so. I changed some of the Edge settings. You definitly need a tuner, it worth every dime. My whole truck set up is because I have 2 smaller kids with me most of the time. I just put my Edge in the classifieds.

Last edited by 05supercrew; 09-25-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by curio
I have no idea why some of you guys think that the Edge, or any canned tune, will help a lean condition.
Your telling me that Edge has no effect on your Fuel ratio ??? (i don't own one, don't know, do you?)

Old 09-26-2007, 03:05 PM
The Edge will remap the a/f in there tune but doesnt make adjustments for anything else like exhaust and cai and that may make your truck run lean. I just sold my Edge because of this and ordered an X-cal2 from Troyer.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Its been a while but once again I have had the same problem with Magnaflow, this time I sent them an email of what I have posted in "Magnaflow set my truck on fire AGAIN"

Check it out here.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=305598

Old 10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
The Edge will remap the a/f in there tune but doesnt make adjustments for anything else like exhaust and cai and that may make your truck run lean. I just sold my Edge because of this and ordered an X-cal2 from Troyer.
I dont understand that...

I come from a "tuner" scene and have spent long hours tuning A/F and I dont see how a product could remap the A/F ratio, yet not compensate for a lean condition from increased air flow. I mean it's an intake, it's not like someone pulled and ported the head. I am also suprised that the Trucks PCM doesnt use EGT sensor with the IAT and MAF to detect lean conditions and compensate for them (fuel trim, timing)......

As for the original post... I have never heard of anything like this before. It's crazy. I would have been freaked the hell out. I need to check my Roush, the thought of this happening never crossed my mind.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by welfare wagon
Just an update, I bought and installed some exhaust heat wrap around the tailpipe where it is close to the tire, this weekend is another trip with the travel trailer, I'll see how this helps.
WW, were did you find that heat rap at ? and good luck with it - I think I would thro the spare in the bed - that would freak me out

Quick Reply: Magnaflow set my truck on fire!!