Magnaflow Y-pipe w/ si-do OR mag x-pipe w/ di-do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007 | 11:00 AM
|
Magnaflow Y-pipe w/ si-do OR mag x-pipe w/ di-do?

The whole system will be magnaflow either way.
I already have the magnaflow high-flow cats.

Will the y-pipe with si-do muffler gain me good flow without it being too much and still gain mpg and not lose torque?

How about the x-pipe with di-do? I feel that would be too open, but maybe I'm wrong.

If I had a di-do muffler, could I do without the x-pipe and get the same benefit???

Want to go with one of these 2 set-ups.

I have a stock '97 4.6 automatic. Only exception is Stillen CAI with K&N filter and the maggie high-flow cats.

Thanks everyone!

Old 07-16-2007 | 11:24 AM
?

Originally Posted by syoung_2000
The whole system will be magnaflow either way.
I already have the magnaflow high-flow cats.

Will the y-pipe with si-do muffler gain me good flow without it being too much and still gain mpg and not lose torque?

How about the x-pipe with di-do? I feel that would be too open, but maybe I'm wrong.

If I had a di-do muffler, could I do without the x-pipe and get the same benefit???

Want to go with one of these 2 set-ups.

I have a stock '97 4.6 automatic. Only exception is Stillen CAI with K&N filter and the maggie high-flow cats.

Thanks everyone!
keep it no larger than 2.25" duals- i picked up alot of lowend on my 5.4-phil

Old 07-16-2007 | 06:42 PM
I agree with phil.I used to have true duels w/o X-pipe with flowmaster 40's and i lost alot of low end power!!!I recently switched to 14in magnaflows w/o an X-pipe and was very happy with the sound and low end power improvement.I adde the X-pipe this weakend to the current system and it sounds even better With the true duels with an X-pipe the sound is much smoother and deaper.I do say it is not quite as loud as it was prior to the X install but the sound is much better!!!I have not updated my gallery yet but you can get the idea of what it looks like.I removed all the pipe from the muffler to the front and made it completely straight,there was a few bends that i did not like.If you go to do this i can pull any measurements you need and i will get more pics by this weakend.I almost guarantee you will not be sorry when you here it!!
Plus yours will sound even better than mine cause you have high flows,pics in my gallery.
Kevin

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Y-pipe w/ si-do OR mag x-pipe w/ di-do?