Banks F150 Power Pack System

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks F150 Power Pack System

Wondering if anyone out there has any information about the Banks Power Pack System for the F150. I saw on their website that it was released last October. I've searched the forums and the web and can find very little information. Some of my questions:

Has anyone seen/have the system?

Where can I buy the system?

Thanks.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Bank's stuff

I am running the exhaust and cold air intake on my truck and I like it. I did not go mainstream like some folks have, primarily based on my use of Bank's products when I was runing diesel trucks. I have noticed an improvement in throttle response and mileage, besides that it sounds good. Bank's makes a great product that is high quality. Are they better than the others? Who knows, I think it boils down to personal preference. One thing I do like about the Bank's stuff is that is engineered to work together so there is no guess work to determine if this will work with that and so on. You can buy direct from Bank's or find a local dealer of their products. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

Bill

Old 07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the information. I have contacted Banks and am waiting for a reply. I agree that I like the way they engineer their products. So far I think I will go with Banks. Thanks again.

Steve

Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
From what I've read, I've found the Banks products to be very expensive in comparison to others. And the performance gain were also minimal. Bang for the buck I would say stay away!

However, in my signature you will find some links to a very nice intake that I absolutley love.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 AM
hey billt, how about a pic of that cold air kit?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Pics

Fordscrew24,

check out my album, I posted pics in there of the system installed on my truck.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
hey billt thanks for the pics. I know you are running the flashpaq so im sure you wouldnt get any CELs, but did you have one before the other? Also how do you like the flashpaq? I am really looking to alternatives to the whole 2-3 month wait time from troyer. That is just insane to expect customers to wait that long for a turnaround.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Fordscrew24,

I added the exhaust, then the Falshpaq and the Ram Air Kit last. The Flash paq has been great for tightening up the shift patterns, but imo, I feel I got more out of the exhaust and intake. I am still playing around with the options on the Flashpaq. I do not have access to anything other than "seat of the pants" dyno, but I feel these have made a considerable difference. The only odd thing I have noticed is if I run the truck in the stock program mode I get better mileage on the highway (about 19.3@70 mph).In the 87 octane or tow mode I get about 18.2 @ same speed on cruise. Have not figured this one out yet?????

Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I don't know much about the Banks products for gas engines, but in my MANY years of diesel performance experience, Banks kits are way overpriced for what you get. you can make a lot more power for a ton less money by going other routes, and still have reliability and longevity. you are paying for the name with Banks.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:08 PM
My 08 goes like hell now with the Banks Powerpack installed yesterday and it sounds as good as it looks

Quick Reply: Banks F150 Power Pack System