Anyone in NE Ohio with 5.4 and 14 - 18" Magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone in NE Ohio with 5.4 and 14 - 18" Magnaflow?

I'm thinking about a 14" or 18" SISO Magnaflow, but I'd really like to hear one/both before I commit to one or the other. I'm looking for better tone, a bit more MPG if it goes with it, and maybe just a bit more volume, but I tow with this truck, and I don't want it too loud (for me and SWIMBO) on trips. I've heard people say the 18" is perfect, I've heard them say it's too quiet. The 14" is too loud for some, not loud enough for others. Sounds like the three little bears!

I've listened to sound clips, and the tone sounds like what I'm after, but it's hard to tell "how loud is loud." If there's anyone local that would be up for a meet, that would be great! Let me know. Thanks.

Andy

P.S. If anyone knows of sound clips of stock vs. 14", stock vs. 18", etc. all under controlled conditions, that might help, as well.

ALS

Old 07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now I have a 18" magnaflow with a sido on my 04 supercrew. At idle you can notice just a little bit that its not the oem muffler. Hit the gas pedal & it sounds awesome, but at cruising speeds its like you just went into stealth mode. I towed my buddys boat last week for him with my truck & it sounded good under a small load (boat only weighs like 3,000lbs.). In fact my g/f said she wished my exhaust always sounded like that. Needless to say yesterday I went ahead and ordered the roush off-road kit

Quick Reply: Anyone in NE Ohio with 5.4 and 14 - 18" Magnaflow?