something quieter than 16612?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something quieter than 16612?

I had the 16612 installed on my 07 Screw and took it off and sold it. I loved the sound but while out on our last camping trip, it drove the family and I nuts! I was pulling the trailer into a 40-50 Mph wind so the truck was really working and it was really f'n loud!
I found a buyer so I swapped the OE back in and sold the cat back system.

Now I find it is just too damn quiet so does anyone have any recommendations of what to try next?? Another brand of catback system or perhaps swapping the OE muffler for a 22 - 24" Maggie? I need SOME sound but it needs to be MUCH quieter under load.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Zig
Try Gibson. I have their exhaust on my Expedition and it has a nice sound but it's significantly quieter that the Magnaflow on my F-150.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow I'm shocked to read this. Everyone said the Magnaflow was not that loud and wouldn't annoy me. I too pull heavy camper and don't want to get hell for spending $$$ on somthing that gives the other half a headache. (if u know what I mean) So thanks! Maybe I'll have to look at the Gibson. I had a side rear swept unit on my 98 F-150 and it was not loud at all. Infact I was a littel disapointed back then as it was too quiet. But I didn't pull a trailer back then either... My only beef was it only lasted maybe 2.5/3 years and was finished by rust. This time I'd go with their stainless version vs. aluminumized...

Old 07-18-2007, 10:28 PM
I really liked the Magnaflow around town or with a light trailer that did not have too much wind drag. It's when the engine is constantly working that it got to be too much after awhile. I may have to give Gibson a try. I too would probably look at stainless with the winters and salt we have here.

Quick Reply: something quieter than 16612?