DI/DO Pipe Distance

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DI/DO Pipe Distance

Is there a standard to how far the pipes are apart on DI/DO mufflers? I am thinking of running true dual straight pipes, if they are too loud it would be nice to have something to fall back on that I could put in myself, and I think a DI/DO would be the ticket. Of course nobody has this mentioned on any of their websites. If I do it will probably be a 2.25" all the way around Cherry Bomb Vortex if that matters any, I like the nice deep rumble they have.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by 02XLT4X4
Is there a standard to how far the pipes are apart on DI/DO mufflers? I am thinking of running true dual straight pipes, if they are too loud it would be nice to have something to fall back on that I could put in myself, and I think a DI/DO would be the ticket. Of course nobody has this mentioned on any of their websites. If I do it will probably be a 2.25" all the way around Cherry Bomb Vortex if that matters any, I like the nice deep rumble they have.
you just need to decide on the mufflers you would put in if you decide to change.Then just find out the casing size and space accordingly.I ran into that same problem by switching exhausts around
wait you want a DI/DO or are you gonna buy two single mufflers??
For the DI/DO muffler you need to find out the pipe spacing on that exact muffler you want

Old 07-19-2007, 02:00 AM
The original plan was to run a SI/DO Vortex, then my brother had to go and put true dual straightpipes on his '97 with a 4.6. It sounds darn good down home, but I don't know if it would get old up here in the city after awhile. So I want to plan ahead for a DI/DO muffler, of course now that I look closer I don't see a 2.25 DI/DO Vortex on Cherry Bomb's website. I will probably go with either a DI/DO Magnaflow or glasspacks to calm it down a little if needed. I will probably get it bent to accept the Magnaflow so either way I am covered.

Magnaflow shows the 5x9 spacing to be 4" center to center, and the 5x11 to be 5.75" center to center, but nothing for the short 4x9 muffler I like.

Here is the one that caught my eye:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/11385.jpg

Old 07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
That is a good choice on muffler.I think they also sell that with a built in X-Pipe.If you go with that muffler i would also get an x-pipe,it balances it out good and sounds better with one IMO.

Quick Reply: DI/DO Pipe Distance