A Question for Volant Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Question for Volant Owners...

I ran into an install page for Volant,

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...ect_Truck.html

and they pointed out how the Tube tapered at the MAF sensor, and that design nuance was what kept the device from causing a CEL.

I read that statement as 'airflow must not be increased at that point, if it negates a CEL'.

So, great if it doesn't cause a CEL, but if I bring X2 tunes into the equation later, the Volant wont flow as much air as I'd want.

I still believe the Volant cools the air, but I'm thinking it doesn't flow more.

Anybody want to take a shot.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Im in the market for a CAI also. From what I have read, the volant improves intake air tempature and velocity, not volume......

Old 07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by sylentbutvylent
Im in the market for a CAI also. From what I have read, the volant improves intake air tempature and velocity, not volume......
Velocity comes with restriction and I can't imagine it improves intake temps any more than the stock one does. I am also looking at CAI's but have found no hard evidence of one being better than another other than someone saying that it is, usually someone defending there purchase. I am just going to wait until I run across a deal I just can't live w/out. I just put some exhaust on so hopefully that will tide me over for awhile.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:42 AM
I actually just installed the Volant intake on my buddy's 07 F150 FX2 5.4L. It's a great addition to the truck and the power is definately felt on the highway.

I am new to this forum, as I don't own a truck (Scion tC) but I do plan on buying an F250 Turbo Diesel later ....

He has received 2 Volant air intakes from a company in Canada and obviously only needs the one I installed for him. It's brand new and in the box (he opened it to make sure everything was inside) and wants to sell it.

MODERATORS: Please move this comment to the appropriate forum or please PM me and let me know where to put it.

Here are some pics of it installed (kind of dark b/c I finished around 9:30 and it's my camera phone):

That's his truck:

Old 07-20-2007, 12:08 PM
I do not have any air flow restrictions on my Volant CAI.
05 Screw 5.4l 3v engine. The volant gives you "cold" air,not air heated by the engine. Yes,it does make a difference.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
DieselWeb,

Is your buddy prepared to undercut the $275 + shipping being offered on the WEB?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by SuperSlabCab
DieselWeb,

Is your buddy prepared to undercut the $275 + shipping being offered on the WEB?
Checking with him now

Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
275 FREE SHIPPING (within U.S.) ......let me know if you're interested

If i'm not on here, check AIM: webmancorvette

*PAYPAL ONLY

Last edited by DieselWeb; 07-20-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I just installed my volant intake lastnight onto my 07 FX2. Did anyone else have a problem with the side fender port not lining up with the hole in the fender?? Also inside the box, it has two holes for mounting it to the truck, but the truck only has 1 hole not two...???? So I just screwed it down with using one instead of both...what did everyone else do???

Old 07-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by 94onair
I just installed my volant intake lastnight onto my 07 FX2. Did anyone else have a problem with the side fender port not lining up with the hole in the fender?? Also inside the box, it has two holes for mounting it to the truck, but the truck only has 1 hole not two...???? So I just screwed it down with using one instead of both...what did everyone else do???
Same thing . I made sure the one bolt mounted to the inside hole very firmly. I didn't have any issues with alignment to the fender though. It was a bit of a pain to get in there but lined up dead even when I was done.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah mine is off. I even moved that harness that runs along the bottom of the box to the side. The side hole is off by about 1 inch. It see like the box need to sit lower than it is. But it is already resting on the bottom of the tray portion. Not sure what to do..??

Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 AM
BUMP.......275 free shipping within the U.S. IM me on the AIM posted above or email me:

webmancorvette@aol.com

Last edited by DieselWeb; 07-23-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: A Question for Volant Owners...