sensor overrides

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sensor overrides

anyone know anything about the sensor overrides i want to do away with all cats and resi's but i thought about just pluging them into a straight pipe or getter sensor override kit. how much are they. thanks

Old 07-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Shootermay
anyone know anything about the sensor overrides i want to do away with all cats and resi's but i thought about just pluging them into a straight pipe or getter sensor override kit. how much are they. thanks

You can also try using antifoulers. I have a Scion and this is how we get away with eliminating our preliminary header CAT and still having no CEL:

-get 2 antifoulers from autozone (2 per O2 sensor you want to bypass)
-for each pair, drill out one of them to about 7/8" (usually the thread size on O2 sensors is 18mm)
-screw the antifouler you didn't touch into the drilled out one
-now screw that into the pipe bung and screw the O2 into that

I'm not 100% on whether you have 4 O2s (1 per header and 1 before and after the CAT) or 3 O2s (1 on each down pipe and one after the header), but leave the preliminary O2 alone and only bypass the ones behind it. This will allow the ECU to read the exhaust from the first O2 as one amount and then the rest from the others as a different amount thus, not throwing a CEL. If all the exhaust flow is the same at all the sensors, it will throw a CEL.

I've had my header and this correction done for 43K and have not had 1 CEL come on ever.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM
o2 eliminator

I believe you are talking about a set of mil eliminators(malfunction indication light).you can get these from e-bay,or any on line performance shop.I just ordered a set for my 2000F-150 from Summit racing,$76.00w/ tax and shipping.I,ve been getting a cel for about 2 weeks now,my code reader tells me catalyst below effiecent threshold.I,ve replaced the sensors and still get the light,the high flows are 6 months old so after consulting my gearhead friends,they told me to get the mils and the light will go out and stay out,we'll see.i hope this helped,good luck.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
thanks for the info i dont have a cel lighting up i just put tru dual on my exhaust and the cats and resi's need to be taken off otherwise is there any other ideas to make a 4.6 scream.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Shootermay,the best way i've found to make a 4.6 scream is to throw giant wads of cash in its direction until the pain is unbearable,when you reach that point,you're half way there.Good luck.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
You can do the eliminaters but if it were me I would to a tune and just turn the rear o2's off. This way you get the added benefits of the tune.

Quick Reply: sensor overrides