Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
Oh , maybe you should name it - something better than the "snorkel mod"

This is the "SNORKEL MOD" -

http://www.rmftc.com/howtos/snorkel/snorkel.html

Anyway,you should name you own mod.

Heres how it benefits, read this -

http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/...n/cold_air.htm
Same idea but just doesn't exit the fender. I guess there is a better name for it.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Heres an awesome 2004 Paratrooper -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGi0m...elated&search=

Last edited by jbrew; 08-22-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Those tires and rims look great on that truck. It seems to be able to go many places...I haven't taken mine in the deep, dark woods yet but the 4X4 system is very effective in deep snow.

Thanks for the video, it was great-not the same body style as my truck but great none the less..

Old 08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
So there I was, just about to do the big mod when a neighbour came over and looked over what I was doing and told me he had an extra intake that would fit my truck. I asked him how much he would like for it and he told me a story of all the times I cut his grass and blew the snow..so I could have it for nothing.

I put it on and I am used to a slight hesitation in the truck but that is gone now. I was squawking my tires all over the base on my way to PT this morning (unintentionally). To say I'm happy is an understatement...
This and my new bike are two things that make me happy next to my wife and kids....

Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
awsome

Great video jbrew was that your girl friend driving that poor Jeep The truck sounds great and I loved the Ford vs Chevy you should have dragged it to the ford dealer for him BYW to everyone else I made the factory intake mod today and filled the tank, I burn a tank a week so I should have results soon.It took about 15 minutes and a pair of needlenose pliers.

Last edited by bugmanstx; 10-17-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
hello, this is my first time posting on the site. I have a couple questions. I have a 97 150 with a 5.4 in it. I currently have a kn filter. I'm planning on doing the GOTTS mod this weekend. My question is can I buy or make a high flow intake tube? I don't want to buy a CAI, just the tube. What are some of my options? thanks.

Dave

Old 10-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I heard that all the silencer removal mod does is make it whistle with minimal power gains

Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by bugmanstx
Great video jbrew was that your girl friend driving that poor Jeep The truck sounds great and I loved the Ford vs Chevy you should have dragged it to the ford dealer for him BYW to everyone else I made the factory intake mod today and filled the tank, I burn a tank a week so I should have results soon.It took about 15 minutes and a pair of needlenose pliers.

I like that vid - that's not mine tho . I found it on searching for something and liked it..

Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by sst1610
hello, this is my first time posting on the site. I have a couple questions. I have a 97 150 with a 5.4 in it. I currently have a kn filter. I'm planning on doing the GOTTS mod this weekend. My question is can I buy or make a high flow intake tube? I don't want to buy a CAI, just the tube. What are some of my options? thanks.

Dave

Sure you can - I've made a few -

This ones still in the works ,nicest one I made yet - it's polished inside with brass fittings - it's made out of 3.0 ID Muffler Pipe - Muffler shop will make it for you for about 50 bucks or less -

This ones made from Schedual 40 PVC -

So is this one -

Theres a company called "AIR F/X" that makes the best set ups IMO , what I like about them is that they make a kit that adapts to your stock cold air intake which would go well with the "GOTTS" mod. They also have the double suck filter - twice the flow and the best filter when using the stock box for a CIA intake set up - Look them up.

Last edited by jbrew; 10-21-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Quick Reply: stock intake mods... it works!!!