Cutting off all Cats on a 2005!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007 | 01:13 PM
Delete....double post.

Last edited by keith_bennett; 08-02-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by screamingjimmy
everyone in this country is entitled to enjoy whatever exhaust system turns their fancy
But you are not entitled to remove the cats on a vehicle driven on this country's roads. It is a felony. Get the high flows and stay legal.
Just because you don't get caught doesn't make it ok. Think about the air your children and their children will be breathing if everyone cuts out their cats. High flows are cheap and they work.

Old 08-02-2007 | 07:58 PM
|
hey keith, do your tires rub with your 35's and 10" rim with only a body lift?

Old 08-03-2007 | 02:13 AM
No, but i had to trim a little on the lower valance. Not a big deal. Here is a pic of what i had to do. That is wandells truck but i did the same thing. Thats all that is needed.

Old 08-03-2007 | 03:01 AM
screamingjimmy,are you going to run true duel exhaust on that truck after you ditch the cats??If you do i would keep the pipe diameter small and put a X-Pipe in there as close to the motor as possible.

Old 08-03-2007 | 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by keith_bennett
No matter what you run afterwards, having no cats will sound like crap and you will have no power.
If im not mistaken, Josiah with the newer black lifted F150 on 37s is running no cats with Flowmaster single chambers and it sounds freakin sick in the videos.

As far as having no power, I have no experience with with cat removals on the triton motors, but on my Dakota 5.9L R/T I noticed signficant gains on the mid and top end...of course I had the mods to go along with it though.

Old 08-03-2007 | 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Norm
But you are not entitled to remove the cats on a vehicle driven on this country's roads. It is a felony. Get the high flows and stay legal.
Just because you don't get caught doesn't make it ok. Think about the air your children and their children will be breathing if everyone cuts out their cats. High flows are cheap and they work.
I think he said he was from canada so that doesnt apply to him...

Old 08-04-2007 | 08:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Doesn't matter where he's from, it's a stupid, irresponsible thing to do for the sake of sounding "cool," especially when performance will suffer. I assume, too, that this is a DD, so he'll be spewing emissions daily.

Get a set of hi-flows. It'll wake up the sound, and your grandkids won't need to wear this:

.... And Ontario's Environmental Protection Act (ONTARIO REGULATION 361/98) includes the following text:

(3) If a motor or motor vehicle is manufactured with a catalytic converter, no person shall alter or cause or permit the alteration of the motor or motor vehicle in a manner that permits exhaust emissions to bypass the catalytic converter. O. Reg. 86/99, s. 4.

(4) No person shall operate or cause or permit the operation of a motor or motor vehicle that was manufactured with a catalytic converter if the catalytic converter, or any replacement for the catalytic converter,

(a) is not capable of performing the function for which the catalytic converter was intended; or

(b) is disconnected, removed or otherwise altered so that it is not capable of performing the function for which the catalytic converter was intended. O. Reg. 86/99, s. 4.

I'd bet other provinces are similar.

Andy

Quick Reply: Cutting off all Cats on a 2005!