New air filters

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New air filters

Has anyone heard or or had any experience with filters/air intake systems called True Flow?

Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by dedward7614
Has anyone heard or or had any experience with filters/air intake systems called True Flow?
Never heard of them. But i googled it and it looks like decent products.
I would recommend S&B for a cold air intake.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I saw it in one of my mags, that I get and I liked how it looked but I think im going with S&B also.

Last edited by 05supercrew; 08-07-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Which intake is better or I guess what I should say what are the differences in the AF-1 and the S&B

Old 08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
I like the S&B because it is enclosed and flow is good. AF1 flows good also but has no enclosure. AF1 also comes in 2 different sizes but the larger one requires a tune.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I see... I guess you would want the encolsed intake if you were driving in alot of dust or driving through mud/water.

Thanks

Old 08-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Stenz
I see... I guess you would want the encolsed intake if you were driving in alot of dust or driving through mud/water.

Thanks
Yup, but I do mostly highway and my engine compartment is pretty dirty.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Just installed a Flowmaster 42 series on my 01 5.4L super crew... really like the sound and can feel a difference. What brand of cold intake is recommended?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Your higher flow muffler will be a great foundation for a high flow intake system and tuner.

I recommend intakes that have the "oil free" filters such as Outlaw Power and AEM. Of those two, the Outlaw Power has an "enclosed" filter while the AEM has an "exposed" filter.

I personally like the enclosed filter systems because it protects the filter from intaking road dust and engine heated air. Many people buy the exposed filter systems because they are shiny (nothing wrong with that).

If you like the older style oiled cotton filter intakes, I recommend the very nice intake made by Banks Power.

Best of luck and feel free to let us know how it goes!

Originally Posted by dedward7614
Just installed a Flowmaster 42 series on my 01 5.4L super crew... really like the sound and can feel a difference. What brand of cold intake is recommended?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Air intake

Originally Posted by torqueaholic
Your higher flow muffler will be a great foundation for a high flow intake system and tuner.

I recommend intakes that have the "oil free" filters such as Outlaw Power and AEM. Of those two, the Outlaw Power has an "enclosed" filter while the AEM has an "exposed" filter.

I personally like the enclosed filter systems because it protects the filter from intaking road dust and engine heated air. Many people buy the exposed filter systems because they are shiny (nothing wrong with that).

If you like the older style oiled cotton filter intakes, I recommend the very nice intake made by Banks Power.

Best of luck and feel free to let us know how it goes!
Just installed the Outlaw intake. Directions could be a little more clear, but installed less than an hour. No leaks, noticed a big difference when you take off. Gets up and moves. don't know about increase in fuel mileage yet.
So far happy with the Outlaw.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by torqueaholic
Banks makes a nice system but way over priced.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Why buy an enclose intake when your OEM already is? For the nice smooth flowing intake tube? Buy a cheaper one off ebay.

When the vehicle is moving, it's only 10-15 degrees warmer under the hood then the outside ambient air. With a heat shield, it'll be the same temp as the outside ambient air and it'll have plenty of air to consume.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by MudTerrain
Why buy an enclose intake when your OEM already is? For the nice smooth flowing intake tube? Buy a cheaper one off ebay.
Your stock intake isnt designed to flow efficiantly its designed to keep things quiet. The cheap intakes on ebay in some instances kill hp. You need an intake thats been bench tested. An enclosed system will also keep mud and dirt out of the intake when 4 wheeling.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Your stock intake isnt designed to flow efficiantly its designed to keep things quiet. The cheap intakes on ebay in some instances kill hp. You need an intake thats been bench tested. An enclosed system will also keep mud and dirt out of the intake when 4 wheeling.
x2... I couldn't have said it better myself

Quick Reply: New air filters