AF1 Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007 | 10:16 PM
|
AF1 Question

I just recieved my AF1 from Troyer the other day. I have not got around to installing it yet. I took my truck in the other day to my dealership for another problem and mentioned to him that I was going to put a cold air intake on the truck. He told me that it would void the warranty and the check engine light would come on as the computer would be fighting with the cold air intake. I am not sure what to think of this. I know others on here have installed this CAI. My truck is a 06 with the 5.4. Anyone have problems? I also ordered the Xcal2 but the programs will not be here for a few weeks yet.

Old 08-04-2007 | 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by tylerhan
I just recieved my AF1 from Troyer the other day. I have not got around to installing it yet. I took my truck in the other day to my dealership for another problem and mentioned to him that I was going to put a cold air intake on the truck. He told me that it would void the warranty and the check engine light would come on as the computer would be fighting with the cold air intake. I am not sure what to think of this. I know others on here have installed this CAI. My truck is a 06 with the 5.4. Anyone have problems? I also ordered the Xcal2 but the programs will not be here for a few weeks yet.
If you have the 3.5" AF1 then I'd wait until you get your tunes before installing. Hopefully you ordered the intake and tunes as a package and Troyer knows you're using the 3.5"? Without tuning the 3.5" can cause your engine to run lean, and yeah that would hurt your engine and possibly void your warranty.

If you have the 3" AF1 then put that sucker on and enjoy! It won't cause a lean, not gonna hurt anything.

Whichever one you have, just disconnect the negative cable from your battery while you're installing the intake, hook it back up when done. This resets your PCM, lets it learn the new airflow parameters.

I have the 3", no tunes yet, and I love it.. great sound, some more power on the high end.

Good Luck!

Old 08-04-2007 | 12:56 PM
|
I got the 3" AF1. Couple more weeks and the tunes should be here. And yes I got the package from Troyer so the tunes will be set up for the CAI. Can't wait!

Old 08-04-2007 | 01:42 PM
I've had the 3" AF1 on my truck for a couple of months now and haven't had a check engine light come on yet. I have also had it to the dealership twice in that time for oil changes and they haven't said anything to me about voiding my warranty, but of course if they can track the issue back to the modification then yes it will void your warranty. Just remember after you install your tunes to return your truck to stock for those trips to the dealrship. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: AF1 Question