Airaid

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Airaid

I just installed an Airaid CAI on my 05 5.4 Screw. The unit went on easily and quickly.

I started it up and thought wow what a disappointment. I didn't hear any growl that my buddy's silverado has with a k&N. But i took it for a ride and once you open the throttle it sounds good.

Plus it doesn't hurt that I got it off the classifieds here for less than 1/2 the price of a new one.

I added some pix in my gallery.

TYates

Last edited by TYates; 08-05-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TYates
I just installed an Airaid CAI on my 05 5.4 Screw. The unit went on easily and quickly.

I started it up and thought wow what a disappointment. I didn't hear any growl that my buddy's silverado has with a k&N. But i took it for a ride and once you open the throttle it sounds good.

Plus it doesn't hurt that I got it off the classifieds here for less than 1/2 the price of a new one.

I added some pix in my gallery.

TYates
How loud is it while cruising at highway speeds? I'm trying to decide between the Airaid and the S&B. I like the S&B because it's in a box which makes it much quieter, but the Airaid is supposed to have better flow and performance.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Sound

Originally Posted by PhqChevys
How loud is it while cruising at highway speeds? I'm trying to decide between the Airaid and the S&B. I like the S&B because it's in a box which makes it much quieter, but the Airaid is supposed to have better flow and performance.
It is not loud at all, but you know it is there. I hear the rush of air as I drive and when you floor it you can really hear it. Overall I am very pleased.

The passing a car on the highway is great or merging into traffic from an off ramp. I go to pass someone and am doing 90mph before i catch myself and get that nice sound. I have also noticed a slight improvement in mpg on the highway. Nothing to speech of in the city though.

I know everyone here loves the AF1, but for my money I couldn't be happier.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
not to hijack the thread, but i also have one for sale for $140 plus shipping. its for 04-06

Quick Reply: Airaid