Banks Power Pack

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 06:33 PM
|
Thumbs up Banks Power Pack

Im debating on a BANKS POWER PAC.

The system comes with: Headers, Ram Air Intake, and Duals

Is this worth the 1,500.00 plus install brings the total to 1,800.00

Guy I know says it a good deal because everything seperate would be ove 2k.

He says headers run for 700-800, duals for another 600, and the ram air intake is another 400 or so. You still have to figure in shipping and install and tax for each seperate system. So the whole system all at once and install for 1800 is a bang up deal.

IM CURIOUS IF THIS IS A GOOD DEAL

07 F150 FX4 Screw
2.5" Level Kit
ARE Tonnaue
BFG 305x65x18
MB Gunner6 18"

Old 08-10-2007 | 07:51 PM
Does it come with the tuner also (Ottomind I think)? Do a few weeks of research on here first before buying all that would be my suggestion. The shorty style headers do basically nothing to increase power from what I've read and from every person I have asked including those that stood to make money off me so that tells me a lot. Those shorty headers and the install of them would be very pricey and probably not worth it from what I've heard. I think the Bank's stuff is high quality and well made but it seems up to debate if those components get the results some of the others get at the same or lower price. About $400 for a good tuner, $300 for CAI, and another $400 for exhaust is what I've seen. Add $100-$200 for custom tunes and all of that you can install yourself pretty easy. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2007 | 08:34 PM
Everything I've read indicates that Banks is much more geared towards diesel performance. They have a very good reputation for high quality, but for what you want on your truck I think you should shop around a bit.

And these F150 engines need long-tube headers to see any benefit.

Just shop around some on-line, go visit some performance shops near you, I bet you can get a better deal for what you want..

Old 08-10-2007 | 10:23 PM
Banks has a great reputation for quality and delivering on their claims, but their system is designed more for diesels unless they changed something recently.....as for the shorty headers, alot of $ for probably no more than 10-15HP gains....why not just go with you catback exhaust and magnaflow or flowmaster which most exhaust shops installed will be around $350, add an Edge for $449, and a CIA for around $250-$350 and for $1100-$1200 your all set.

Old 08-10-2007 | 11:00 PM
|
Smile Banks Power Pac

Hey Guys I appreciate the help.

I kind of already knew theanswer just wanted to hear from some guys who in my opinion really know what their talking about.

I LOVE this forum and appreciate everyones help.

Quick Reply: Banks Power Pack