Straight pipes

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007 | 10:31 PM
|
Straight pipes

OK OK OK, before u get all up in a tuffy, i did search the site but didnt find anything that i was looking for.

So here goes,

1) I either want to do a straight pipes out the back of my truck, (cutting off the y and running to the back) or straight pipes exiting out the side in front of the rear pass. side tire, (same as above, cutoff at y and run to there) I prefer out the back though...

2) If I do the first option (out the back), what size pipe should I use? I dont want mufflers, and I dont plan on doing anything special to my truck aka intake, supercharger, tuner, etc. I just want to make sure that I have enough back pressure so I dont kill my new truck.

3) Also, I seem to see a consensus as to having an x-pipe as close to the cats as possible, would you recommend I buy one (like from Troyer) or just have the shop make it for me?

Thank you folks, I will appreciate all of your input.

Old 08-11-2007 | 11:00 PM
Yeah just put an X pipe close to where the Y pipe was. Probably run 2 1/4 pipe or 2 1/2, but def no bigger than 2 1/2. Have them run Tips out the back like you want. I think alot of people will tell you to do 2 1/4 pipe.

I am gonna do the same soon, but have it come out Lightning Style....no mufflers as well!

Quick Reply: Straight pipes