Intake Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007 | 09:30 PM
|
Intake Problem

Hey guys I have a K&N FIPK II cold air intake. I have had it for around 5,000 miles and it has worked really well but the other day I noticed the truck was making a strange worbling noise. The weird part is it only makes the noise between about 800-1500 rpms. To me it seems to be coming from the intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-14-2007 | 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by clsouthpaw03
Hey guys I have a K&N FIPK II cold air intake. I have had it for around 5,000 miles and it has worked really well but the other day I noticed the truck was making a strange worbling noise. The weird part is it only makes the noise between about 800-1500 rpms. To me it seems to be coming from the intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I saw you post this under another topic and didn't really think the replies you got were any help i.e., "that's normal for any cai.."

I don't experience any sound like that with my AF1, I'd be concerned if I did.

Not exactly sure what you mean by worbling? Like a whisteling sound? Or more like Minnie Pearl? lol..

If it's a sort of whistle then that's normal at those rpm, it's just your filter under the load of drawing in enough air - as opposed to needing less at idle - though it still shouldn't be obnoxiously loud. Also kinda strange if it just started after 5k miles..

Old 08-14-2007 | 12:34 AM
|
yeah it is really strange. I have had no problem with it and i love the sound it normally makes but this is more of a wah wah wah sound if that helps lol. definitely not a whistle. I just think it is odd that it does this only between that range of rpms. i am almost certain that it is coming from the intake too.

Quick Reply: Intake Problem