Intake and TB spacer without programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:59 AM
|
Intake and TB spacer without programmer?

I know I won't get maximum performance of a CAI without a programmer, but will I be okay to install my Airaid CAI and Poweraid TB spacer without a programmer? Will I run too lean? Thanks all.

Old 08-13-2007 | 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Foxacrombie
I know I won't get maximum performance of a CAI without a programmer, but will I be okay to install my Airaid CAI and Poweraid TB spacer without a programmer? Will I run too lean? Thanks all.
Hi.

Airaid is supposed to be one of the intakes that do not exacerbate a lean condition. However, being yours is an '04, you may already have one, as many came that way in stock form.

You won't know unless it's properly measured. If it turns out to be the case, custom tuning (with a corrected MAF TF) is the only way to rectify this situation.

Try a Search in the 'Chips' forum for a vast amount of additional info on this topic.

BTW - lose the TB spacer; it's not helping.

Good luck.

Cheers
bubba

Old 08-13-2007 | 11:27 AM
forget about the TBS it hurts performance not make it.

Old 08-13-2007 | 01:44 PM
Airaid

Originally Posted by Foxacrombie
I just installed an airaid cai on my truck (05 5.43v) last weekend. No CEL for me.

I do have pixs in my gallery. I bought this unit used from the classifieds and it was on an 04 before the guy bought a supercharger.

TYates

Quick Reply: Intake and TB spacer without programmer?