New F150 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007 | 10:27 AM
|
New F150 Owner

After owning an 05 Sport Trac for the past 2 years and being very happy with it, I decided to get another Ford. I picked up my STX last week and so far I'm very happy with it. I got the F150 because of it's greater towing capacity over the ST as we have a 20' RV. The ST pulled it just fine but the gas mileage really suffered. Hopefully it won't suffer as much with the STX. My first order of business will be to upgrade the exhaust and intake for this truck. I like Magnaflow, as I had it on my ST, but was thinking about the Rouch system as well. I want to go true duals but don't know if I should go with an X-pipe or not. As for intakes: What are your experiences with which ones are worth the money and which aren't.

Old 08-14-2007 | 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Figstr
After owning an 05 Sport Trac for the past 2 years and being very happy with it, I decided to get another Ford. I picked up my STX last week and so far I'm very happy with it. I got the F150 because of it's greater towing capacity over the ST as we have a 20' RV. The ST pulled it just fine but the gas mileage really suffered. Hopefully it won't suffer as much with the STX. My first order of business will be to upgrade the exhaust and intake for this truck. I like Magnaflow, as I had it on my ST, but was thinking about the Rouch system as well. I want to go true duals but don't know if I should go with an X-pipe or not. As for intakes: What are your experiences with which ones are worth the money and which aren't.
You didnt mention what engine size.Magnaflow and Roush both make a decent exhaust. Intakes would be AF1,S&B,Aem and a few others but you didnt mention a tuner which really help out these trucks. Edge or Troyer X-cal2. All three together will make a big difference. Good luck and Welcome to the site.

Old 08-14-2007 | 10:55 AM
|
Sorry bout that - 4.6L.

Old 08-14-2007 | 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Figstr
Sorry bout that - 4.6L.
Definitly read around, im sure someone will have the set up you want. I have a 5.4 so I dont know how much help I would be.

Old 08-14-2007 | 12:45 PM
Try some research...performance wise...true duals are really not necessary until you get up in the near 325+ RWHP range but I know the sound and look are very cool though.

Old 08-14-2007 | 10:34 PM
I would get an Edge programmer and an S&B intake

Quick Reply: New F150 Owner