Something I've noticed

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something I've noticed

Since I installed my exhaust last month I've noticed something with my acceleration. I'm not very heavy footed when accelerating from a dead stop so that may have something to do with this. I notice that when I do accelerate from a dead stop that I quickly get up to about 50 mph then the RPM's drop to around 1500 and the truck slowly accelerates up to my highway cruising speed (around 72 mph).

Not sure if this is with my exhaust or with my Troyer tunes (I installed in May) finally having enough driving time under their belt and my stragedy has adjusted, but if that's the case it would seem they have gone backwards.

Anyone else notice this when they have a new exhaust installed?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:01 AM
I notice that yesterday, I loaded lvl 3 on my Edge and from 40-70 mph I had to lean into the gas peddle a little more but I was sitting in traffic for about an hour so I figured the engine was just heat soaked. Im talking about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah I just have to apply slight pressure to the accelerator and the truck picks up and gains speed quickly. The throttle response is still there, but just not sure why I have to apply further pressure around 50 mph or right after the truck shifts from 3rd.

Quick Reply: Something I've noticed