Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust

Hey all,

I have a question regarding an exhaust system. I have a 2006 FX4 with the 6.5 style side supercab (ext cab). The truck has a single exhaust port of the right side behind the rear tire. I want to get a system that provides a split tip in the rear of the truck. I dont care much about sound. Louder wouldnt hurt but not too obnoixious. Any help would be great.

Josh

Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your best and cheapest bet would be to go to a muffler shop and tell them what you want, they can build a kit cheaper than you can buy...

Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
i am looking at 3 different choices.
1 - Magnaflow Exhaust Systems - Dual, Rear-Exit, Cat-Back Exhaust
2 - Flowmaster Exhaust Systems – American Thunder Dual Rear/Dual Side Exit System
3 - Bassani Aft-Cat Exhaust System - Quiet Thunder - Dual Rear Exit

I was wondering if anyone has any of these systems.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
dont buy the kit. way to expensive. either buy the muffler and the tips and take them to a shop, or do like i did saturday- the shop here sold me a magnaflow muffler with chrome over stainless tips, and custom bent stainless steel tubes to my specs. it took an hour, and costs less than 1/2 of the price of the kit alone.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Dave I wouldnt mind doing that. I was wondering then if anyone happens to know the specs needed for a dual rear exhaust on a 2006 FX4 4wheel Super Cab with the 6.5' bed?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by built54
your best and cheapest bet would be to go to a muffler shop and tell them what you want, they can build a kit cheaper than you can buy...
Absolutely. Just buy the muffler/tips you want and take it to a shop to have installed.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by red69viper
Dave I wouldnt mind doing that. I was wondering then if anyone happens to know the specs needed for a dual rear exhaust on a 2006 FX4 4wheel Super Cab with the 6.5' bed?
the guy at the muffler shop will know all of that. i just told the guy here that i wanted a gain in performance, but with minimal negative effect on low end torque. he asked me how loud i wanted it, and where i wanted the tips to be, and he did the rest. he chose pipe size accordingly and started bending. one thing of interest he told me when i asked about having the tips come out in front of the rear tire was that if i did any kind of interstate travel, the heat could very well melt the bead on the rear tire and cause a blow out. just make sure you go to a good muffler shop, not someplace like midas.

Quick Reply: Exhaust