Dynomax Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 05:08 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Dynomax Mufflers

i was looking into the dynomax bullets, but my current setup is a SI/DO and they only make SI/SO for the bullets and i want to keep my dual tips. i found the dynomax ultra flow welded muffler that is SI/DO and the exact same size as my super44 so it would fit perfectly as a replacement, but i dont think its going to give me the same loud sound as the flowmaster, and i dont want to lose any sound with a muffler swap. Will it not be as loud?? (if it is as loud, ill swap)

or......

Could i run the bullet SI/SO then have a Y-pipe right after the muffler into my dual tips? or would that give me bad airflow?? (the Y-pipe would also have to go from a single 3" to dual 2.5", is it possible??)

Old 08-30-2007 | 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Could i run the bullet SI/SO then have a Y-pipe right after the muffler into my dual tips? or would that give me bad airflow?? (the Y-pipe would also have to go from a single 3" to dual 2.5", is it possible??)
Y-pipe it after the muffler. Anything is possible at an exhaust shop.

Old 08-30-2007 | 10:07 PM
You could always just put a y in there where the muffler is and then weld in two bullets one for each pipe after the y.

Old 08-30-2007 | 10:49 PM
Sparky.. If he goes that route he mights as well go true duals. I strongly suggest doing that and getting an X pipe. You will love it.

Old 08-30-2007 | 11:25 PM
|

Originally Posted by Jwool15
Sparky.. If he goes that route he mights as well go true duals. I strongly suggest doing that and getting an X pipe. You will love it.
i would love to but thats a lot of money out the drain especially since i just did my exhuast earlier this summer, im just looking to do a muffler swap.

If the ultra flw welded SIDO will put out as much sounds as my super44 ill do that, but if it wouldnt then maybe weld in a bullet and run a Y-pipe after it into my dual tips. id love true duals but my current system has 3" and 2.5" pipes and id have to replace all of them with 2.25" and its just more $ to spend.

what should i do??

Old 09-01-2007 | 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
what should i do??
What I would do is save your money and upgrade when you can afford it.I had a SIDO flowmaster on my truck and I changed to a true duel exaust with a x-pipe and bullets yesterday and could'nt be happier.I have always loved the way flowmasters sound,but I have to say that the dynomax bullets rock.

I wish I could help you on the y-pipe after the muffler theory,but I have no idea how loud that would be?

but I can say that if you have longtube headers with a x-pipe and bullets your friends will be doing this

Old 09-01-2007 | 11:36 PM
i got quoted$200 for tru dual system with 3inch stainless piping all the way back with x pipe and mufflers.. not a bad deal if you ask me.

Old 09-01-2007 | 11:47 PM
|

Originally Posted by Jwool15
i got quoted$200 for tru dual system with 3inch stainless piping all the way back with x pipe and mufflers.. not a bad deal if you ask me.
true, and i know i could get less since i already have dual pipes running from the muffler back. so all i'd need done is cut the Y, replace with X-pipe, and 2.25" dual pips from the X to the mufflers, which is just straight non curved pipe. easy, should get quoted pretty low. and the bullets are like 60 bucks apiece??

im seriously considering this.

Old 09-02-2007 | 01:39 PM
SFM
Just wondering.. why are you getting rid of the Super44? loss of torque?

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:46 PM
|

Originally Posted by SFM
Just wondering.. why are you getting rid of the Super44? loss of torque?
im not getting rid of it, just considering true duals. i love my current setup, i just think true duals will be louder and give better airflow (im 19 and nothing is loud enough, but for the avg person the super44 puts out more then enough sound).

nothing wrong with the super44, just want to try other stuff. (reason i have a hard time deciding is because im so attached to the sound the super44 puts out, its so sweet i dont want to switch and then be disappointed)

Old 09-02-2007 | 06:48 PM
WHOA, not a supplier endorser but, Dyno Bullets should be $35-$38 each from Jeg's, not $60. Just tryin to save ya some $ . I personally have ran the x-pipe, w/ 2.5" pipe, Dyno Bullets 16" long, & turndowns after the axle. Great set-up financially, accoustically, & performance. The only thing that'll cost ya is the x-pipe. It's worth it. As soon as I get my TTL paid for I'll be doin the same thing.

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by b-dub
WHOA, not a supplier endorser but, Dyno Bullets should be $35-$38 each from Jeg's, not $60. Just tryin to save ya some $ . I personally have ran the x-pipe, w/ 2.5" pipe, Dyno Bullets 16" long, & turndowns after the axle. Great set-up financially, accoustically, & performance. The only thing that'll cost ya is the x-pipe. It's worth it. As soon as I get my TTL paid for I'll be doin the same thing.
I am wanting the best sounding exhaust, where it sounds really deep and people would think that there are alot of things done to the truck performance wise...Would this be the best way to go? Would I get some headers, go back to an x-pipe, then to the mufflers and then turn-down? Or would there be a better route to go? I am wanting the most performance out of the exhaust and a good sound. I have a 2004 Ford extended cab with the 5.4.

Old 09-05-2007 | 07:06 PM
the mufflers your talking about are very great sound. the dynomax welded ultraflow..I heard alot of good about them and I heard a few that sound great..

Quick Reply: Dynomax Mufflers