System suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007 | 11:06 AM
|
System suggestions

I think I should have make my username Clueless. Anyway, I'm sure I am going to change the exhaust on a 2002 Supercrew 5.4. I like the Dynomax Bullet mufflers. But from there back to the engine, could someone reccommend a setup for horsepower gains? I don't understand x pipes,catback,etc. You wouldn't have to go into detail,just maybe some things that I could pick from. Thank you.

Old 09-07-2007 | 11:10 AM
Global Moderator &
well your whole mid pip sections really arent going to get huge gains unless you get a shop to do mandrel bending for you. Mandrel bending is where the pipe is bent smooth, instead of kinking around the turns.

you can do an X or H pipe. the X pipe will be better for top end power, and louder idle. the H pipe will have more low end torque, and quieter idle.

Other then that, you shouldnt need to touch the cats unless you want to go with highflow cats.
-Patrick

Old 09-07-2007 | 11:38 AM
X pipe will give you more down low power, H pipe is mostly for sound, shorty headers are worthless, you gain absolutely no power. Long tubes gained me 30hp and 35ftlbs. Catback is what they consider an exhaust system that installed behind your factory cats.

Quick Reply: System suggestions