What does an x pipe do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:12 PM
|
thanks guys i already have tru duals that i did myself but i have to redo it because its way to low and arent exactly the same angle i was just trying to figure out how to make it louder ive heard all types of ideas like welding piano strings in the exhaust which i just might have to try but i know you guys know best thanks

Old 09-14-2007 | 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanch Glenn
It is especially bad if you have side exit dual exhaust (opposite sides). Then the exhaust note will sound more like a 4 cylinder on each side. The X pipe eliminates this.
Absolutely not true. I have way too many friends with true duals and none of them sound like a 4 banger...

Old 09-17-2007 | 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by 02XLT4X4
Not quite, a 4 banger at any RPM has twice as many exhaust pulses as a single bank of a V-8 at the same RPM. I have never heard a V-8 truck that sounded anything like a four banger.
I swear my buddy's 1500 something or another Chevy sounds like a four banger honda when he's hitting high rpms from a distance. Has some kind of single side exit exhaust on it. Must be a bowtie thing

My Cherry Bomb Extreme si/do gets that nice glasspack sound when its coming down to an idle from a rev. Not too sure how it sounds otherwise since it sounds a lot different in the cab then at the backend by the exits, and I don't let anyone else drive my truck to do a driveby for me . Sounds nice though. Not sure how much it might have helped or killed my torque/hp from the dynamax that was previously on there, but I definitely like the sound better. (http://cherrybomb.com/extreme-mufflers.html - 3" in/ 2 1/2" out think it would hurt or improve power?)

Sorry if I threadjacked a bit

Quick Reply: What does an x pipe do?