exhaust welding or full kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007 | 04:47 PM
|
exhaust welding or full kits

i was just curios to see what all of you thought about just buying a muffler and going to an exhaust shop and getting custom piping vs just buying a full kit somewhere and putting it on yourself?

Old 09-15-2007 | 05:00 PM
Many members here do that to save $$$ and depending on what you want a kit can't be bought.It has to be custom made.I myself would never buy a kit for how much they are
We need info on what you want for sound and exit to help with any further decisions.

Old 09-15-2007 | 05:09 PM
|
i want something that is not to loud on the inside were as i'm just cruisin i gotta yell at the person next to me but loud enough outside that people know that i'm commin or that its my truck. as for the setup i havent really decided on whether i want a dual side exit or just a single one. does it increase hp to have dual or is it just basically for looks?

Old 09-15-2007 | 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by navyseabee
i want something that is not to loud on the inside were as i'm just cruisin i gotta yell at the person next to me but loud enough outside that people know that i'm commin or that its my truck. as for the setup i havent really decided on whether i want a dual side exit or just a single one. does it increase hp to have dual or is it just basically for looks?
How loud something is very opinionated!!!
What you are describing IMO is a Magnaflow Muffler.It is really for looks on the duel exit part vs. single.I would order the muffler you want and then take it to a shop to have the pipe made for it.You will save several hundred dollars.Now the duel side exit part??Do you want that in back of the rear tire or in front??Also if you don't care if you have the same exit that the truck has now you could just swap mufflers and keep the same exit.The cost will be minimal and you could always put a tip on it.
What year truck do you have???

Old 09-15-2007 | 05:31 PM
|
ok i see. i have a 07 xlt 4x4,

Quick Reply: exhaust welding or full kits