Ordering exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 10:33 AM
|
Ordering exhaust?

Getting ready to order exhaust system for 2002, 5.4. single exhaust. Are there any advantages to the single in dual out as far as power/torque. Or is it merely for looks/sound?Also I'm getting tired of working OT ,reading and thinking. Feel free to slap me around and just tell me what to do.

Old 09-17-2007 | 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Unclebuck
Getting ready to order exhaust system for 2002, 5.4. single exhaust. Are there any advantages to the single in dual out as far as power/torque. Or is it merely for looks/sound?Also I'm getting tired of working OT ,reading and thinking. Feel free to slap me around and just tell me what to do.
Buck - go single for torque, duals for looks & sound - but it's a very slight distinction.

You can pretty much throw a blanket over two identical trucks, each one having one or the other, all else being equal.

Bubba

Old 09-17-2007 | 12:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Yea , you wanna keep that torque , it comes in handy. The neighbors hired some good ole boys to get rid of a few trees in the yard . They stuck the chipper truck (chevy) in the back 40. They came over to borrow my 20' chain to pull it out and stuck their van doing so. I could of used my 8000 lb winch(this isn't connected to my truck, came from my old truck) and chain & tackled them out using trees for leverage. Nah, I backed the 150 down in there, I used a couple 2" tiedown straps to hookup - had them leave their vehicles in neutral - pulled them both to dry land at the same time and didn't spin a tire
Two winters ago I pulled a school bus out of the ditch with 60 kids on it. I got in trouble for that - so did the bus driver for letting me do it. That was awesome getting the cheers after getting them back on the road. She had the drives in swamp water. All four of my tires spinning slow and then grab for a bit in low lock. I thought the drive shaft was going to go - but it was a success - To this day my U-Joints are stock w/229,000 on them and there isn't zerk fittings.

Magnaflow = torque

Old 09-17-2007 | 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea , you wanna keep that torque , it comes in handy. The neighbors hired some good ole boys to get rid of a few trees in the yard . They stuck the chipper truck (chevy) in the back 40. They came over to borrow my 20' chain to pull it out and stuck their van doing so. I could of used my 8000 lb winch(this isn't connected to my truck, came from my old truck) and chain & tackled them out using trees for leverage. Nah, I backed the 150 down in there, I used a couple 2" tiedown straps to hookup - had them leave their vehicles in neutral - pulled them both to dry land at the same time and didn't spin a tire
Two winters ago I pulled a school bus out of the ditch with 60 kids on it. I got in trouble for that - so did the bus driver for letting me do it. That was awesome getting the cheers after getting them back on the road. She had the drives in swamp water. All four of my tires spinning slow and then grab for a bit in low lock. I thought the drive shaft was going to go - but it was a success - To this day my U-Joints are stock w/229,000 on them and there isn't zerk fittings.

Magnaflow = torque

Now those are some stories.

Old 09-18-2007 | 08:17 AM
|
Thanks, Single and torque it is!

Quick Reply: Ordering exhaust?