Best no-tune intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007 | 07:34 PM
WHere do you buy the Outlaw Intake ? What do they cost ?

Old 09-26-2007 | 01:20 PM
^^go to there website outlawpower.com they have a list of who sales them.

they seem to be all priced around $250. I cant decide to go with volant or outlaw yet.

Old 09-26-2007 | 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by 05BHD
^^go to there website outlawpower.com they have a list of who sales them.

they seem to be all priced around $250. I cant decide to go with volant or outlaw yet.
Whatever else you are considering to get, just steer clear of Volant: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=volant

Old 09-26-2007 | 07:13 PM
|
Just installed the Roush CAI on my 5.4 FX4. Shipped in two days to a local Ford dealer for $285.00 from Roush Performance.

Installation: very easy... took about 45 minutes. OEM-like fit and finish. Only modification neccessary was that I had to push the brake lines down a little. Everything else was easy by following the well written(w/photos) instructions.

Performance: There is definitely some gain, a tune would really help this set-up, but I wasn't looking for a tune right now. I'd say there is at least 10-15 hp gains, more importantly, it reduced the throttle lag.

Sound: Really have not noticed much of a change. My 14" muffler/dual Magnaflows must be drowning it out. Actually, it help the drone with my Magnaflows. The exhaust seems more "tuned". I have not heard any whistling, droning, etc., from under the hood. Just the swishing/sucking sound with the hood open.

Codes/Lean: None

Conclusion: IMO well worth the money. Looks good, sounds good, and feels good. My two months of research paid off. If you're looking for a good non-tune intake, this is definitely the route to go; with the option of adding a tune later.

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:08 PM
cool.... thats the route I am going.

I have the Roush Offroad exhaust and it fit great, and sounds great. So I thought I would stick with the theme and grab that intake.

I am not familiar with MAF based systems but rather MAP based systems. So how does the PCM adjust for the increased airflow? I would imagine some timing and fuel control would have to be involved, so in theory wouldnt the PCM just pull timing vs running itself too lean with a higher flowing filter (if it were too muck for stock settings)?
Also if the temp of the incoming air was cooled (more dense), it should in theory increase combustion efficiency not make it lean (more for the hood scoop idea as the Stock intake seems fairly efficient sucking from the fender well)..........

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
(No CEL does not mean it isn't happenin')

Quick Reply: Best no-tune intakes