Which Magnaflow??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007 | 08:57 PM
|
Which Magnaflow??

I either want dual side exit in front of the wheels...maybe behind the wheels... or SI/SO with rolled round tip behind the wheel(if I went this route should I angle it down?)

What do you guys think? Pros and cons of each? I dont want somthing super loud...just something that sounds nice at take off and idle.

Thanks for any help...oh and this shouldnt void the warranty as long as its a catback correct?

Old 09-23-2007 | 09:56 AM
Nice looking SuperCrew.

I put a 18" Maggie in place of the factory muffler. i am very happy, still have not gotten a tip.

Old 09-23-2007 | 11:37 AM
I got the lightning style Magnaflow (Part 16616) and absolutely love it.

Quiet at idle, with a little rumble, but as soon as you give it a hint of gas it gives off a real deep aggressive tone.

Old 09-23-2007 | 11:52 AM
New truck MGP32??
It looks sharp

Old 09-23-2007 | 05:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by shaunakadub

Quiet at idle, with a little rumble, but as soon as you give it a hint of gas it gives off a real deep aggressive tone.
Is it loud in the cab? What size maggie is it...18"? How secure is the connections...does it wobble around at all? Good place to buy? Thanks for any information!

Kevin, Ya I like to make snap decisions! They gave me another $2000 more for my truck than others would and I got a descent deal on the truck itself so I figured what the heck!
Heres a few photos...

Old 09-23-2007 | 05:11 PM
Ya,that is real sharp with the black paint.
Modding it already
How is the power compared to your old truck?Your best bet is gonna be a custom tune!!

Old 09-23-2007 | 06:16 PM
|
Originally Posted by Kevin24
Ya,that is real sharp with the black paint.
Modding it already
How is the power compared to your old truck?Your best bet is gonna be a custom tune!!
I dont wanna tune because of the warranty. The only performance mod Im gonna do is probably just exhaust becasue I catback wont void warranty. I still not sure Im I want to put the exhuast before winter or wait till after. Just trying to get some ideas.

They are actualy probably about the same after all my mods with my old truck and my old truck was lighter...BUT my new truck only has 100 miles on it so shes still gettin broke in!

Last edited by mgp32; 09-23-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2007 | 08:03 PM
|

Can I get some pics? I wonder if this will fit on an 07 because it looks like the tips would run into where the leafs springs mount?? Anyone have pics!!??

Old 09-23-2007 | 08:03 PM
|

Can I get some pics? I wonder if this will fit on an 07 because it looks like the tips would run into where the leafs springs mount?? Anyone have pics!!??

Old 09-23-2007 | 10:39 PM
I went with the dual, 4" rolled SS tips, out the back with the 14" muffler. Much louder than the 18". There is some drone under load. I hope that the Roush CAI I orderred evens it out a little. Overall... very happy. You definitely know that there is a V8 under the hood.

Old 09-24-2007 | 06:07 AM
The 16616 is the 18'' muffler if I'm not mistaken. You can defiantly hear it, but its not overly rambunctious, and doesn't cause any hearing loss over the radio, talking, ect.

As for fit, it went on perfectly. The hardest part was taking the stock exhaust off. Theres not shaking/wobbling/loose connections anywhere on the system.

I got it from hottexhaust.com. Look around here for coupons that are good when you get to the register of that site. I ended up saving about 100$'s after the coupon and store wide discount! Came to about $365.

Heres a quick pick... dont know how long the host of the picture will last though so if it goes away i'll get another link from imageshack and put it back up.

Old 09-25-2007 | 07:23 PM
Truck looks real nice man.

Old 09-25-2007 | 08:51 PM
|
I hunt quite a bit so Im driving through crazy stuff sometimes...is there clearance issues with this exhaust? Also, since the exhaust is in front of the tires are you having any issues with the tires or rims getting dirty or mis-colored?

Thanks
The 16616 is the 18'' muffler if I'm not mistaken. You can defiantly hear it, but its not overly rambunctious, and doesn't cause any hearing loss over the radio, talking, ect.

As for fit, it went on perfectly. The hardest part was taking the stock exhaust off. Theres not shaking/wobbling/loose connections anywhere on the system.

I got it from hottexhaust.com. Look around here for coupons that are good when you get to the register of that site. I ended up saving about 100$'s after the coupon and store wide discount! Came to about $365.

Heres a quick pick... dont know how long the host of the picture will last though so if it goes away i'll get another link from imageshack and put it back up.

Quick Reply: Which Magnaflow??