Loudness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007 | 01:09 AM
|
Loudness?

What's the best bet for my truck to be it's loudest? I personally don't mind the sound in the cab to tell you the truth. Which means I am willing to go any route with this project.

I suppose the best sound you could get for wanting it to be really loud is just to take the exhaust anyway, right?

Being in Texas, kind of hard to pass inspection with that going on, but some places won't look or care for that matter in San Antonio.

As for anything else, I drive a 2004 Ford F-150 4.6L Triton V8 SuperCrew.

I honestly just want that loud sound. Doesn't matter to me if I **** off the people around me. My truck and my decision, but whatever.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if anybody had some good ideas or anything like that to throw at me. Also, I am interested in possibly just getting a nice exhaust system, but somewhat hide it under the truck. So that nobody can see it, I am kind of weird like that at times. I love to keep stuff on the low and looking stealthy.

Few other notes that I can throw out there is that I am new to the site and really new to upgrading trucks and doing things of that nature. Never had the money to do it before with my old Ford, but now I can with the new one, on account of me wanting to keep it looking nice and great.

Better to invest on a truck that is worth putting your money into, rather than putting it into something that isn't worth it, you know?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this adventure.

Old 09-23-2007 | 01:31 AM
Well it kinda depends of how much money you want to spend.
For a great sounding and loud setup I would go with long tube headers/2 high flow cats/true duals/X pipe and whatever muffler you like.
I have that setup with Flowmaster 40s and it's pretty loud and sounds good.

Phil

Old 09-23-2007 | 01:51 AM
|
Thanks for the tip, Phil.

Off the top of your head, do you know how much a setup like that might run me?

I figured you might know, considering that you run it yourself.

Old 09-23-2007 | 11:17 AM
If you didn't want to touch the manifolds or cats... True dual straight pipes (with no crossover) are very loud.

Old 09-23-2007 | 03:05 PM
If ya want to go with a muffler you could do either the flowmaster race muffler or the cherry bomb extreme muffler.

Old 09-23-2007 | 04:21 PM
|
Thanks for the tips, MudTerrain and TomKemp.

I'll take a look into doing just about anything right now. Nothing is official on when it will happen, because I first am going to spend a little money possibly lifting the truck and getting a nice set of tires/wheels.

But then again, I might just get a nice set of tires for right now. Not sure on the lifting part, as I know it can be cost affective now.

Thanks again, I appreciate the tips.

Old 09-23-2007 | 04:43 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SubtitledBullet
What's the best bet for my truck to be it's loudest? I personally don't mind the sound in the cab to tell you the truth. Which means I am willing to go any route with this project.

I suppose the best sound you could get for wanting it to be really loud is just to take the exhaust anyway, right?

Being in Texas, kind of hard to pass inspection with that going on, but some places won't look or care for that matter in San Antonio.

As for anything else, I drive a 2004 Ford F-150 4.6L Triton V8 SuperCrew.

I honestly just want that loud sound. Doesn't matter to me if I **** off the people around me. My truck and my decision, but whatever.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if anybody had some good ideas or anything like that to throw at me. Also, I am interested in possibly just getting a nice exhaust system, but somewhat hide it under the truck. So that nobody can see it, I am kind of weird like that at times. I love to keep stuff on the low and looking stealthy.

Few other notes that I can throw out there is that I am new to the site and really new to upgrading trucks and doing things of that nature. Never had the money to do it before with my old Ford, but now I can with the new one, on account of me wanting to keep it looking nice and great.

Better to invest on a truck that is worth putting your money into, rather than putting it into something that isn't worth it, you know?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this adventure.
If you want it "low and looking stealthly", dontcha think the loudness will be a dead giveaway? Sometimes I like to just wash my chrome tips and leave the rest of the truck dirty...just kidding. The tips do look cool...and people will know what you have, even if you just turn the pipe down at the mufler. DO GO WITH TRUE DUAls, they are louder!

Old 09-23-2007 | 04:50 PM
|
I agree with you on that stealthy comment, but things always change, you know?

I'll go ahead and keep all of these tips in mind and see what I can form right now. Like I said, I want to upgrade my truck in all aspects, but it does take time, I'm either doing the tires/wheels first or just going with the exhaust.

Either way, gotta get some kind of new upgrade.

Old 09-23-2007 | 08:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

long tube headers, true duals with X pipe, no mufflers, no cats, dumped right after the axle

Old 09-24-2007 | 05:11 PM
A catback exhaust will give a bit of power, and a good sound, but they cost too much ( $300 - $500 average ) getting high flow cats and true duals would be the best way to go, and with Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers would also sound very nice. Longtube headers is the most pricey part for exhaust, nearly $1,000 for those suckers, but the power increase is so nice from it lol.

For sound clips and videos of F150s exhausts, search up http://youtube.com/

Quick Reply: Loudness?