Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007 | 05:16 PM
|
Clarification

Hey I'm new to the site, I'm mostly a member of wisconsin's racing forums but i was reading some of the exhaust threads here and decided to sign up.
I just have a couple ?'s that i need confirmation on. I have an 02 with the 5.4, right now i just have the exhaust y'd with no muffler and it sounds nice but it's just not loud enough for me yet. This weekend we finish putting the true dual on my friends truck and it sounds really nice but you gotta get on it before it starts to really rap. So my questions are: how significant is torque loss without cats, will the check engine light come on if I weld the o2 sensor in the same spot without the cats or will i need to get a bypass for them? No worrys about sniffer tests in the good ol' north woods. Thanks

Old 09-24-2007 | 05:06 PM
removing the from pre-cats you wont lose any torque, with removing the main cats probably just a little, the best thing would be to get high flow cats and re-fuse your oem sensors, just cut into the pipe and stick them in. There are dummy sensors that let you run no cats and no CEL.