Outlaw intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got it ordered yesterday, hopefully I'll have it and install it before the weekend, I will post my experience with it, thanks everyone.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by UtahFX4
Finally got it ordered yesterday, hopefully I'll have it and install it before the weekend, I will post my experience with it, thanks everyone.
Jesus Christ - why'd yo go and do that fer???

Yer '04 has a very high probability of having a pre-existing factory lean condition... now you are going to potentially exacerbate that problem.

Oh, boy ...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
WHat ??? Please explain MGD ? David at Outlaw said there shouldn't be any need for special tunes with it at all !

Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM
WHat ??? Please explain MGD ? David at Outlaw said there shouldn't be any need for special tunes with it at all !
Well of course he did ! They ALL do !!!

Ask Dave to explain the predominance of this tendency on '04's - and see what sort of BS you get in return. Post it here.

Please search - I must have typed this out a hundred times already - my fingers are shot.

The twit pushing Outlaw on here obviously has an agenda - whereas I am but a simple end-user, who trusts the advice of a truly experienced, independent performance shop.

Actually - I think that is your best, most expeditious course of action - call TP and ask them about this issue. ( Contact info is in the Site Sponsors section).

Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
And what CAI is it that you are using ??? When I did search on here, I found nothing about lean conditions on 04's using the Outlaw intake, but I do see you bashing it in several, so, what is your agenda ?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you have any other mods? Like a programer or exhaust? Either way you should consider a custom tune. Mike has stated he has seen some stock 04s run as lean as 19 stock

Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
And what CAI is it that you are using ??? When I did search on here, I found nothing about lean conditions on 04's using the Outlaw intake, but I do see you bashing it in several, so, what is your agenda ?
WTF is your problem?

I'm tryin' to HELP you, fer chrissake!

So - just because YOU can't seem to find anything, or even attempt a confirmation with a simple phone call (I'm not asking you to buy anything - just ask for info), you get all pissy at me?

You think I'm posting info on here, and in your other topics, because I have an agenda? When I have said I'm just another end-user, who perhaps has been there, done that?

I don't need this. So long.

Perhaps someone else would like to pick up the baton... lucky them.

Unbelievable ....

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-02-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Seriously, everyone is trying to help.

The info/advice is out there, along with what's in this thread.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
MGD, it is all in your delivery, you seemed to be caustic and attacking me for what I ordered, I DID call Outlaw and I DID do a search, and camee up with the 04 PCM being pickier than other years but no one having MAJOR problems with this intake because of it ! The only mods I have are the XCAL-2 and the CAI when I receive it, I'm not into spending alot of money to try to make a HOT ROD out of a truck, I want parts that will work to gain a little better milage and if they make a little more power in the process, that is fine too.
Sorry if you were offended

Old 10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
MGD, it is all in your delivery, you seemed to be caustic and attacking me for what I ordered, I DID call Outlaw and I DID do a search, and camee up with the 04 PCM being pickier than other years but no one having MAJOR problems with this intake because of it ! The only mods I have are the XCAL-2 and the CAI when I receive it, I'm not into spending alot of money to try to make a HOT ROD out of a truck, I want parts that will work to gain a little better milage and if they make a little more power in the process, that is fine too.
Sorry if you were offended
The 04 has a lean problem with the STOCK intake. It will only get worse with an aftermarket one. Buyer Beware! You have been informed. If you have an XCAL you can data log and get your tune adjusted for your new Outlaw intake. Call your tuner before you damage something.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Seriously, I think you guys are overreacting, I talked to Outlaw and to a couple local mechanics, all have said that the 04 PCM is overly sensitive but will adjust to a new intake, I will keep you all updated on what mine does with it on okay ?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
It is your truck, believe what you like. Don't say you weren't warned. Some of us didn't just join this site yesterday.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
If you dont get any cells you should do a dyno run just to see where your at. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I plan on dynoing it and getting custom tunes locally, some of us spend more time in the real World !

Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I plan on dynoing it and getting custom tunes locally, some of us spend more time in the real World !
Just watch your AF ratio. Dyno and datalog and get a good custom tune. That will fix any lean condition you may have. Your attitude on the other hand might need some further adjustments. Don't come to a forum and ask for advice if you are not going to take it or if you plan to be rude to those that offer it.

Quick Reply: Outlaw intake ?