Outlaw intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007 | 05:21 PM
|
Norm, I asked for advice, posted what I got and I got crap for it, I've been on numerous boards and they all seem to have their own resident "Know it Alls' I will ask again then, PLEASE tell me WHICH cai will work on an 04 without causing the aforementioned lean condition ?

Old 10-02-2007 | 08:23 PM
You only got what you gave. Treat others as you wish to be treated and that is what you will get. The lean condition on 04's is well documented.
Air Force 1 is one that has been shown to increase performance and not create a lean condition. Remember you may already be lean as many 04s were right from the factory. The search function will give you all the answers if you chose to work with it. You may have to enter various search terms to narrow your results. Peace.

Old 10-02-2007 | 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by UtahFX4
Seriously, I think you guys are overreacting, I talked to Outlaw and to a couple local mechanics, all have said that the 04 PCM is overly sensitive but will adjust to a new intake, I will keep you all updated on what mine does with it on okay ?
Go ahead and trust your local mechanics that work on everything from Hyundais to Buicks. This is an F150 forum. I'd think we'd know about this with the thousands of pages of info on this site, posted by F150 enthusiast and a tuner that specializes in F150's.

You've been told numerous times that '04s have been known to run lean from the factory. The Outlaw is only going to make it worse. An AF1 will not cause a lean condition and it performs better than the Outlaw.

Again, don't come here and ask for help only to ignore it, saying we are "overreacting".

Old 10-02-2007 | 11:29 PM
some of us spend more time in the real World !
Just install your intake and be on your way. You'll be fine.

Last edited by 05supercrew; 10-02-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

just call Mike Troyer, he has dyno tested all of the intakes, and he says that only 2 provide substantial power gains and don't create the lean condition: the AF1 3" and the Airraid.

Old 10-03-2007 | 12:19 PM
There's a lot of good info available around here, but you really have to dig through the BS to get to it. MGD, I talked to Mike Troyer personally about the Outlaw Intake. He had NEVER HEARD OF IT. If he's never heard of it, he's certainly never tested it.

I bought the Outlaw simply because it's enclosed and reasonably priced. I have good power, and it sounds nice connected to the Allen Supercharger.

Old 10-03-2007 | 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by billyw
There's a lot of good info available around here, but you really have to dig through the BS to get to it. MGD, I talked to Mike Troyer personally about the Outlaw Intake. He had NEVER HEARD OF IT. If he's never heard of it, he's certainly never tested it.

I bought the Outlaw simply because it's enclosed and reasonably priced. I have good power, and it sounds nice connected to the Allen Supercharger.
Thanks for that.

Well, he has now, and he will!

One very busy guy, many new products - always gonna be some lag. I'd expect a MAT TF value file to be available eventually.

bubba

Old 10-05-2007 | 04:33 PM
|
So the AFE1 ? I'ver heard too much bad about Airraid making too much noise and just low quality, I will ask one more time, WHICH CAI will not cause any lean condition in my 04 5.4 3 valve, but will still make power and help with milage ???

Old 10-06-2007 | 02:06 PM
Exclamation

You're unbelieveable. You've been told NUMBEROUS times already... Just buy your Outlaw and be done with it.

Old 10-06-2007 | 03:42 PM
|
This really is the most opinionated and least helpful forum I've EVER been on, not sure why you guys think you are so high and mighty here, but I'm done.

Old 10-06-2007 | 04:45 PM

I ran the Outlaw Power intake on my 06 F150 for a couple of months and about 1,000 miles. I had no problems with it other than the intake resonance noise that it produces at certain RPMs. Unfortunately, it makes that noise constantly when towing our travel trailer so it had to go. Nice throttle response and I picked up about 1 MPG. Just couldn't put up with the noise. Some people like the noise, I didn't. Your mileage/results may vary.

Old 10-06-2007 | 08:27 PM

So the AFE1 ? I'ver heard too much bad about Airraid making too much noise and just low quality, I will ask one more time, WHICH CAI will not cause any lean condition in my 04 5.4 3 valve, but will still make power and help with milage ???
i answered you already...
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
just call Mike Troyer, he has dyno tested all of the intakes, and he says that only 2 provide substantial power gains and don't create the lean condition: the AF1 3" and the Airraid.
if you dont want airraid, get a 3" AF1.

we've all answered you to try to help.
This really is the most opinionated and least helpful forum I've EVER been on, not sure why you guys think you are so high and mighty here, but I'm done.

Last edited by mSaLL150; 10-06-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2007 | 02:15 PM
How much damn help do you want? Do you want us to come over and install the 3" AF1 for you? Stop acting like a 12 year old kid and man up. If you are truly done we won't miss you but if you want to act like an adult and listen to all the helpful advice you have already been given then you are welcome to stay.

Old 10-07-2007 | 03:56 PM
|
Read your own posts, you are some of the most ignorent and rude people I've ever come across, and look at how you've posted thinking I was gone, I won't miss this forum at all.

Old 10-07-2007 | 04:50 PM
Meow.
Give us an example of rudeness or ignorance. Everyone has been helpful to you and we don't even know you. Not our fault you didn't agree with the facts. Seems like a cool forum to me.

Last edited by Norm; 10-07-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Outlaw intake ?