Outlaw intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007 | 02:28 PM
after all that

my newbie question is whether or not i will have an issue with the outlaw intake i just bought with my 06 5.4? a tune is in the future either way, but depending on what info i get maybe sooner than later.

thanks guys!

Old 10-12-2007 | 09:53 PM
I like it

I've had the Outlaw intake on my '04 5.4L for a few months now. I tried different intakes (S&B original and the Volant). S&B performed well. The Volant with my Edge Evolution created too much noise at certain rpm's. I have to tell you that I really like this Outlaw. It has a very sweet, throaty sound at low speed cruising and puts out a wonderful performance sound at full throttle. It turns heads. With the Magnaflow catback and the performance tune on the Edge, I have the performance I've wanted for my F150. And by the way, not one single error code, at all. Enjoy your intake UtahFX4.

Old 10-13-2007 | 10:25 AM
Just because you have no error codes does not mean you aren't lean. I would find a local dyno that can check you A:F ratio for you so you don't have any expensive repairs down the road. Better safe than sorry.

Old 10-13-2007 | 06:32 PM
Is the S&B an oiled filter or dry? Also, anyone try the Banks Ram Air? I've researched it quite abit, seems like a decent intake, good quality, some say it's rather loud though, then again, if that's what you're looking for....

Quick Reply: Outlaw intake ?