EGR Pressure Sensor, DPFE Sensor questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007 | 02:19 AM
|
Question EGR Pressure Sensor, DPFE Sensor questions

I have a 1998 f150 and it gave me the code p1401 which I found out means that my EGR pressure sensor has failed. From other threads on this website I learned that this is a common problem and it is relatively easy to just replace the sensor. I need helping finding the sensor and changing it. Is there a website with instructions or any help?? I would rather do this myself if possible instead of taking it to the shop. Any help or information on this subject would be very helpful. Also, the truck is making a weird noise when I accelerate and it goes away about 3 seconds after I let off the gas. It almost sounds like a piece of paper in a fan, but deeper. Any help would be great. Thank you!!!! ~Shadow

Old 09-27-2007 | 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by ShadowSabia
I have a 1998 f150 and it gave me the code p1401 which I found out means that my EGR pressure sensor has failed. From other threads on this website I learned that this is a common problem and it is relatively easy to just replace the sensor. I need helping finding the sensor and changing it. Is there a website with instructions or any help?? I would rather do this myself if possible instead of taking it to the shop. Any help or information on this subject would be very helpful. Also, the truck is making a weird noise when I accelerate and it goes away about 3 seconds after I let off the gas. It almost sounds like a piece of paper in a fan, but deeper. Any help would be great. Thank you!!!! ~Shadow
Hi & welcome.

Here's just one thread of many you'll find if you search (great Search feature here):

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...highlight=DPFE

Note that if you go looking, you may find that replacing this component may not clear that code - you may need to clean the EGR passages, TB, etc. All that info is on here as well ... here's one:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...tle+body+clean

That Jbrew guy is great, eh? Direct any further DPFE inquiries to him; he is our resident expert. (However, do not buy any infinite-length headers from this guy LOL!)

Good luck.

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-27-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: EGR Pressure Sensor, DPFE Sensor questions